Ducks Host No. 15 UW to Open Pac-12 Play
Oregon opens Pac-12 play by hosting No. 15 Washington Friday at 7 p.m. at Pape' Field.
• The Ducks rounded out nonconference play with a 1-1 draw at Portland Sept. 16 thanks to Trinity Morales' strike from distance in the sixth minute. Oregon is undefeated in its last 12 nonconference road games (6-0-6) dating back to the 2019 season.
• Making plays for your teammates. Nine different Ducks have accounted for Oregon's 12 assists this season, Beyond that, eight of those assists have come from freshmen. Trinity Morales, Ajanae Respass and Livvy Moore each have two, while Ainsley Fink and Caitlyn McCulloch each have one.
• Zoe Hasenauer, who has played in 81 consecutive matches, is on the verge of a school record. With 17 career assists, she is just one shy of the school mark of 18 held by Jen Stoltenberg (2007-10). Hasenauer ranks among the UO career top 10 in eight different categories.
• Senior Lexi Romero scored her first two goals as a Duck in week four, netting one each against Santa Clara (9-8) and Hofstra (9-11). Her score in the 38th minute at Hofstra proved to be the game-winner in the Ducks' 1-0 decision. Romero scored 14 goals in 2019 as a freshman at Air Force before transferring to Oregon.
• Oregon went across the country to play in New York for the first time in program history and earned a 1-0 win in a rainstorm at Hofstra on Sept. 11. Goalkeeper Leah Freeman made six saves for her 16th career shutout, which is one shy of the UO career record of 17 (Abby Steele, 2011-14).
• Ten players have made their Oregon debuts on so far this season. The list includes senior Madeline Gravante, junior Bel Rolley, sophomore Callan Harrington and freshmen Anna Emperador, Ainsley Fink, Caitlyn McCulloch, Livvy Moore, Trinity Morales, Rieley Petkovich and Ajanae Respass.
• Three starters from the 2021 team have yet to see the field this season due to injuries - All-Pac-12 defender Croix Soto, midfielder Caitlin Shaw and forward Kess Elmore. The Ducks have also lost four of this year's starters to injury. Both Callan Harrington and True Dydasco were taken out in the San Francisco game (8-21). Bel Rolley was injured at Gonzaga (8-27) and Livvy Moore went out against Boise State (9-4). Of those seven starters, only Rolley has returned to the field (9-11 at Hofstra).