Devils At Buffs On Sunday
TEMPE, Ariz. – Following a big rivalry win, Sun Devil Volleyball finishes out the first week of Pac-12 play on the road at Colorado on Sunday at noon MST.
How To Follow
Sunday's match between the Sun Devils and Buffs will be live on Pac-12 Insider at 12 p.m. MST. Live stats will also be available.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (7-6, 1-0 Pac-12)
- In the first Pac-12 match of the season, ASU beat in-state rival Arizona in Tucson. In the four-set win, three reached double-digit kills, including a career-high 15 from sophomore Geli Cyr. The win was ASU's first true road win of the season.
- The Sun Devils are looking to start Pac-12 play 2-0 for the first time since 2015. That season, the squad won the first four conference matchups.
- This is the fourth of five-straight weeks on the road for the Sun Devils. Arizona State is the only Pac-12 team to not play a home match in September. Among Power 5 teams, ASU is one of three, along with Northwestern and Ohio State, to be on the road for the entire month.
- Senior outside hitter Iman Isanovic has been on a tear recently. She has four-straight double-doubles and six matches in a row with double-digit digs. She moved into 13th place in career kills after upping her total to 1,139. She passed Erica Wilson (2009-12), and her next Sun Devil great to pass is Terri Cox (1994-97), who has 1,185.
- The primary setter of late has been junior Ella Snyder. In the past two matches, she has had 40-plus assists and double-digit digs. This season, she leads the team with 329 assists. Her career assist total is up to 1,850, closing in on 2,000 in her three seasons.
- Senior Annika Larson-Nummer has started at libero in the last two matches, helping the team to a pair of wins. She has notched 25 digs in both showings. In the win at Arizona, she also had a season-high three aces. Fellow libero sophomore Jaden Ravnsborg leads the team in total digs with 145.
- Three Sun Devils are in triple digits for total kills this season, all pin hitters. Isanovic leads the way with 168, with junior Marta Levinska right behind her with 160. Cyr rounds out the trio with 114.
- As a team, Arizona State is first in the Pac-12 for total aces with 85. Isanovic currently leads the team with 18 aces on the season, followed by Snyder with 15 and Claire Jeter right behind her with 14.
Colorado (9-2, 1-0 Pac-12)
- Colorado is 9-2 this season and fresh off of its Pac-12 opener at Utah. The Buffs swept the Utes in Salt Lake City, holding the home team to a negative hitting percentage.
- Colorado's middle blocker Alexia Kuehl has been the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week twice so far this season. She is 13th in the NCAA in blocks per set with 1.47 and leads the team with 53.
- ASU swept the season series against Colorado last season, winning both matches in four sets. Since the Buffaloes joined the conference, the Sun Devils have not won more than two in a row in the series. ASU leads 12-11 all-time against CU.