Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards - Sept. 26, 2022
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Ella May Powell, Sr., S, Washington (Fayetteville, Ark.)
» 11.57 APS, 1.00 KPS, .462 PCT, 2.29 DPS, 1.3 PPS
- Set the Huskies to a combined .386 attack percentage in a sweep of Washington State (.412) and a four-set road victory at UCLA (.365).
- Washington leads the Pac-12 and is sixth in the country with a .307 attack percentage.
- For the week, set the following hitters to outstanding numbers:
- Claire Hoffman (5.00 kills/set, .338 attack %)
- Emoni Bush (3.71 kills/set, .438 attack %)
- Marin Grote (3.00 kills/set; .613 attack %)
- Called her own number with a career-high-tying six kills in the win at UCLA, hitting .556.
- Moved past Holly McPeak and Dana Burkholder into eighth in Pac-12 history in career assists, now with 5,452.
- Second career Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week award (Feb. 22, 2021) and Washington's Conference-leading 28th all-time Offensive Player of the Week honor.
ALSO NOMINATED: Caitie Baird, STAN; Skylar Fields, USC; Meegan Hart, COLO; Iman Ndiaye, UCLA; Brooke Nuneviller, ORE; Madelyn Robinson, UTAH; Sam Taumoepeau, CAL.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Meegan Hart, Gr., MB, Colorado (St. Charles, Ill.)
» 1.17 BPS, 3.50 KPS, .655 PCT, 4.1 PPS
- Averaged 1.17 blocks per set in Conference-opening sweeps at Utah and at home against Arizona State.
- Had 3.5 kills per set from the middle position, hitting .655 in the two wins.
- Leads the Pac-12 and in hitting percentage (.500) and is eighth in blocks per set (1.24).
- In its first win at Utah since 2016, CU held the Utes to -.018 hitting in the match.
- In the victory over ASU, the Buffs did not allow a single Sun Devil to reach double figures in kills and limited their opponent to a .100 hitting percentage.
- Third career Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week award (March 9, 2021; Sept. 9, 2019) and Colorado's third in the season's first five weeks.
ALSO NOMINATED: Tara DeSa, CAL; Marin Grote, WASH; Georgia Murphy, ORE; Elena Oglivie, STAN; Vanessa Ramirez, UTAH; Gala Trubint, USC.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Mimi Colyer, Fr., OH, Oregon (Lincoln, Calif.)
» 4.43 KPS, .299 PCT, 1.71 DPS, 5.1 PPS
- Put down 4.43 kills per set while hitting .299 in a pair of wins to start Pac-12 play at Oregon State (3-1) and at home against then-No. 5 Stanford (3-0).
- Tied for the match lead with 16 kills coupled with a .314 hitting percentage in the Ducks' four-set win in Corvallis, also tallying three blocks and two digs.
- Led all players with 15 kills (.281), including the match winner in Oregon's sweep of the Cardinal, and added 10 digs to complete her third double-double of the season.
- Served up two aces late in the second set during the Ducks' comeback from a 24-21 deficit; UO won the set, 27-25.
- Through the first 10 matches of her collegiate career, is seventh in the Pac-12 with 3.44 kills per set.
- Fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award this season and Oregon's 19th all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Grayce Olson, UCLA; Elia Rubin, STAN; Sophie Scott, CAL; Gala Trubint, USC.
2022 PAC-12 WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL WEEKLY AWARDS