Last Of Five-Straight Road Trips This Weekend At No. 16 Oregon, OSU
TEMPE, Ariz. – The five-week road trip finally wraps up this weekend as Sun Devil Volleyball travels to Oregon to take on the No. 16 Ducks and the Beavers on Friday and Sunday, respectively.
How To Follow
The weekend will start with Arizona State taking on No. 16 Oregon on Friday at 6 p.m. MST. The matchup at Oregon State is on Sunday at noon MST. Both matches will be on the schools' respective live streams, with live stats available as well.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (7-7, 1-1 Pac-12)
- Last week, ASU started Pac-12 play with a win over in-state rival Arizona before dropping the match at Colorado. The Sun Devils have struggled in true road matches this season, going 1-4 in the five they've played with the win over the Cats being the first.
- This is the fifth of five-straight weeks on the road for the Sun Devils. Arizona State is the only Pac-12 team to not play a home match in September. Among Power 5 teams, ASU is one of three, along with Northwestern and Ohio State, to be on the road for the entire month of September.
- Senior outside hitter Iman Isanovic is making her way up the record book. She is currently in 13th place in career kills with 1,147. Her next Sun Devil great to pass is Terri Cox (1994-97), who has 1,185. This season, she has six double-doubles and has reached double figures in kills 11 times.
- A trio of pin hitters all have triple digits in kills this season. Isanovic leads with 176, followed by Marta Levinska with 165 and Geli Cyr with 116.
- The libero position has seen two starters, with sophomore Jaden Ravnsborg starting 11 matches and senior Annika Larson-Nummer starting the last three. Ravnsborg leads the team with 148 digs, while Larson-Nummer has notched 25 digs twice in the last three matches.
- The primary setter of late has been junior Ella Snyder. In the three of the last four matches, she has had 30-plus assists. This season, she leads the team with 344 assists. Her career assist total is up to 1,865, closing in on 2,000 in her three seasons.
No. 16 Oregon (8-2, 2-0 Pac-12)
- The Ducks are one of three unbeaten Pac-12 teams after the first week of conference play. Oregon beat in-state rival Oregon State in Corvallis before upsetting then-No. 5 Stanford in Eugene.
- Ducks freshman outside hitter Mimi Colyer has been named the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week four times this season. She and senior Brooke Nuneviller lead the team in kills this season, both in triple digits with Nuneviller leading the way with 163.
- Under Sanja Tomaseivc, ASU has seen more success against Oregon than in the previous nine seasons. In five seasons against the Ducks, the Sun Devils have four wins (two on the road), two of which were ranked victories. The nine years before Tomasevic saw just two wins against the Ducks.
- In 2021, Arizona State and Oregon played just once, with the Ducks taking that matchup in five sets.
Oregon State (6-6, 1-1 Pac-12)
- The Beavers got their first Pac-12 win against Cal at home last week, taking it in five sets. Like ASU, OSU is at .500 this season.
- Freshman Izzi Szulczewski has Oregon State's lone Pac-12 weekly award of the season, earning the defensive player of the week earlier this fall after earning a triple double.
- The Sun Devils are looking to snap a three-match losing streak to the Beavers, all on the road. The last win in Corvallis was in 2019 when ASU won in five sets. Three of the last five matches between these two programs went to five sets.