Viska Shines For #NFLBuffs In Week 3
BOULDER- Week three of the NFL season saw explosive plays from Colorado Alumni on both sides of the ball. David Bakhtiari (Packers) and Laviska Shenault (Panthers) made their season debuts on Sunday, and Shenault made an immediate impact with a 67 yard touchdown reception on his first catch of this early NFL season.
Here is what happened with all other former Buffs across the NFL:
- Chidobe Awuzie: Awuzie had five solo tackles with three pass deflections, including one that prevented a touchdown as the Bengals got their first win of the season against the New York Jets.
- David Bakhtiari: Bakhtiari started for the Packers in his first game since the regular season finale of last season. He played in over 50% of offensive snaps without allowing a sack and being a key component of Green Bay's running attack.
- Mason Crosby: Mason Crosby made both of his extra point attempts for the Packers as he still has not missed a field goal or extra point this season. The Packers got a close win on the road against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Nate Landman: Landman saw his first defensive snaps of his career in week three, where he was credited with his first career tackle against the Seattle Seahawks. Landman played in 19 total snaps between defense and special teams as the Falcons secured their first win of the season 27-23.
- Laviska Shenault: Making his first start with the panthers since getting signed in late August, Shenault took no time to make an impact, with a 67-yard touchdown reception on his first catch as a Panther. He finished with two receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown, as well as two kickoff returns for 54 yards in Carolina's victory over the Saints.
- Josh Topou: Topou started at nose tackle in week three, and finished with one tackle on 33 defensive snaps as the Bengals would go on to win.
- Ahkello Witherspoon: Finished with five total tackles and a pass deflection on 50 defensive snaps, the Steelers would go on to lose to the Browns 29-17.
Isaiah Oliver (Falcons) remained on the sidelines due to injury.
Arlington Hambright (Colts), Phillip Lindsey (Colts), Will Sherman (Broncos), Davion Taylor (Eagles), and Juwann Winfree (Packers) are all on their team's practice squads.