#11 Utah Football Heads To Pasadena For Top 25 Battle vs. #18 UCLA
The No. 11 University of Utah Football team is headed to Pasadena for a Top 25 matchup against No. 18 UCLA on Saturday, Oct. 8 with the Utes and Bruins kicking off at 1:30 p.m. MT. The game will air on FOX.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during all games this season on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics), and by visiting www.UtahUtes.com. Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football.
ON THE ROAD
Utah is 254-259-12 all-time when playing on the road, including a 24-23 record in regular season conference games since joining the Pac-12, only losing three games in the Pac-12 on the road the last three seasons. Utah's last win against UCLA in the Rose Bowl was in 2018 (W, 41-10), producing 470 yards of total offense (325 rush, 145 pass) which included 211 rushing yards and three touchdowns from Zack Moss.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Utah's game against UCLA will be the Utes' 98th as a member of the Pac-12 Conference.
• Utah is only allowing 155.4 passing yards per game, which ranks ninth in the FBS.
• The Utes are averaging 42.0 points per game, ranking 11th in the FBS and first in the Pac-12.
• With a win, Utah will have 255 road wins in program history.
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham is two wins away from 150 career victories.
NEED TO KNOWS
• Utah is currently 55-42 (.567) all-time in Pac-12 games since joining the league in 2011.
• Through five games, Utah leads the Pac-12 in third down conversion percentage, first downs defense, passing yards allowed, scoring defense, team passing efficiency, team passing efficiency defense, time of possession and total defense.
• Utah is the only team in the Pac-12 and is one of three Power Five programs (Alabama, Michigan) ranked in the top-12 in the FBS in both scoring offense (11th in the FBS, 42.0 ppg) and scoring defense (12th in the FBS, 14.4 ppg allowed).
• Utah is 66-22 when ranked in the AP Poll during the Kyle Whittingham era.
• Utah has eight consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014. The Utes have finished with a winning season in 15 of Whittingham's 17 years as head coach.
• Utah was picked to finish first in the Pac-12 in the preseason poll, receiving 26 first-place votes.
• The Utes have won the Pac-12 South Title four times (2021, 2019, 2018, shared title in 2015), including three in the last four seasons, winning the championship game in 2021.
• Utah ranked No. 7 in the Preseason AP Poll, the highest preseason ranking in program history.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 73 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah increased its capacity to 51,444 with the Ken Garff Red Zone in 2021.