Beavers Set to Return Home to Face Cal and Stanford
THE GAME: The Oregon State men's soccer team will return home this week to take on California and No. 5 Stanford on Thursday and Sunday, respectively.
FOLLOW ALONG: Both of this week's matches will air live on Pac-12 Networks with Ann Schatz on the call. Follow @BeaverMSoccer on social media for updates.
UP NEXT: The Beavers will remain at home next Saturday for a matchup with Portland. Start time for that match has not yet been announced. Fans note: Football gameday parking rules will be in effect for the Oct. 15 contest.
- Javier Armas was named Pac-12 Player of the Week and College Soccer News National Player of the Week on Sept. 26.
- The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, as they went 14-2-4, won the Pac-12 and entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. 1 overall seed.
- Oregon State made the final eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
- The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming in Terry Boss' four years as head coach
- Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .654
- The Beavers posted their first win over a ranked opponent of the season last week, taking down No. 11 Denver on the road.
- Oregon State posted six clean sheets last season, a program record
- The Beavers welcome 17 newcomers to this year's squad
- Oregon State has representatives of nine different countries on its roster: USA, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, and Senegal
- The Beavers welcome in three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Wasswa, Sergi Nus and Alex Rangel
- Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz all return to the Oregon State squad after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
- Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite playing only 12 matches due to injury
- Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, despite starting just nine of Oregon State's 20 matches
- The Beavers are 33-7-7 at home during Boss' tenure
- The Beavers are 12th in the nation for corner kicks per game, averaging 7.4 per contest
- OSU has not lost in its last six Pac-12 home matches
- Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all MLS Draft selections following their Beavers careers)
- Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State field players with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 matches on the OSU back line.
- Javier Armas and Lund are the only Beavers to play every minute in the first eight matches.
- Oregon State is 19-35-5 all time against California and 11-12-3 at Lorenz Field.
- The Beavers topped the Golden Bears in both of the teams' matchups last season, and have won the last five meetings in Corvallis.
- Mouhameth Thiam scored against California last season at Lorenz Field.
- The Beavers are 9-37-9 all-time against Stanford, and 7-15-4 in home matches
- Oregon State has suffered just one defeat to the Cardinal in the teams' last eight meetings, earning three wins and four ties during that span
- OSU has not lost a home match to Stanford since 2017.
- Adrian Molina-Diaz found the net for Oregon State against Stanford last season.