USC Women's Tennis Claims Seven Matches at Women of Troy Invitational
LOS ANGELES - USC women's tennis won seven matches on Saturday, Oct. 8 to highlight the second day of action at the Women of Troy Invite at Marks Tennis Stadium.
Trojans Grace Piper and Nathalie Rodilosso teamed up to defeat UCLA's Ong/Lutkemeyer 6-0. Shortly thereafter, USC's Sloane Morra and Emma Charney would defeat Bruins Goldberg/Vagramov 6-4.
In singles, USC saw Grace Piper record her second win of the day, defeating Sasha Vagramov (UCLA) 5-7, 7-5, 10-7. Also claiming their singles match was sophomore Sloane Morra, who defeated Bruin Vanessa Ong 6-2, 6-3. McKenna Koenig also recorded a win, beating UCLA's Caroline Goldberg 6-1, 6-0.
Additional Trojan wins came from Koenig/ Isabelle Lee who defeated Gonzaga's Broerman/Sloan 6-3. Lee would later defeat Bulldog Caroline Wernli 7-6 (5), 7-6(3).
Action concludes tomorrow, with the Women of Troy scheduled to play at 10 a.m. against Loyola Marymount.
USC v UCLA – Saturday, October 8
- Piper/Rodilosso (USC) def. Ong/Lutkemeyer (UCLA) 6-0
- Morra/Charney (USC) def. Goldberg/Vagramov (UCLA) 6-4
- Grace Piper (USC) def. Sasha Vagramov (UCLA) 5-7, 7-5, 10-7
- Sloane Morra (USC) def. Vanessa Ong (UCLA) 6-2, 6-3
- Anne-Christine Lutkemeyer (UCLA) def. Emma Charney (USC) 6-3, 6-3
- McKenna Koenig (USC) def. Caroline Goldberg (UCLA) 6-1, 6-0