USC Women's Volleyball Takes on No. 17 Oregon and Oregon State
LOS ANGELES – The USC women's volleyball team (13-4, 5-1 Pac-12) returns home to Galen Center to host 17th-ranked Oregon (10-4, 4-2) and Oregon State (6-10, 1-5) this weekend. The Women of Troy take on the Ducks for a Friday-night matchup in hopes of ending a five-match losing streak to Oregon. All five of those meetings have gone the distance to five sets; four times at Galen Center. At high noon on Sunday, USC looks to extend a three-match win streak over the Beavers. The Trojans have won 12 of the last 13 matchups with Oregon State. Both matches will be shown live on Pac-12 Networks. USC enters the week on its third four-match win streak this season and carries momentum powered by this week's Pac-12 Players of the Week: Skylar Fields (offensive) and Gala Trubint (defensive). Fields was also named the GameChanger/AVCA National Player of the Week; the 12th time a Trojan was selected for the national award.
MATCH #18 • Friday, October 14 • 8 p.m. PT
USC (13-4, 5-1) vs. #17 Oregon (10-4, 4-2)
Galen Center • Los Angeles, Calif.
SERIES RECORD: USC leads, 55-18 (.753)
LAST MEETING: L 2-3 (Nov. 12, 2021 • Eugene, Ore.)
STREAK: Lost 5 • LAST 10 MEETINGS: 3-7
TV: P12 Networks (Anne Marie Anderson & Holly McPeak)
OPPONENT WEBSITE: GoDucks.com
MATCH #19 PINK GAME • Sunday, October 16 • 12 p.m. PT
USC (13-4, 5-1) vs. Oregon State (6-10, 1-5)
Galen Center • Los Angeles, Calif.
SERIES RECORD: USC leads, 60-10 (.857)
LAST MEETING: W 3-0 (Nov. 14, 2021 • Corvallis, Ore.)
STREAK: Won 3 • LAST 10 MEETINGS: 9-1
TV: P12 Networks (Anne Marie Anderson)
OPPONENT WEBSITE: OSUBeavers.com
PINK TANK TOP GIVEAWAY to the FIRST 1,000 FANS IN ATTENDANCE
FIRST SERVE (TL;DR)
- USC is led by third-year head coach Brad Keller who has the unique experience of having also served as an assistant for the USC men.
- The Trojans return just six letterwinners from last year's squad. Four transfers and seven freshmen make up the lion's share of USC's 17-woman roster.
- USC's win over NMSU (Sept. 15) was the program's 1100th all-time victory.
- The Women of Troy are 187-53 all-time (.779) at Galen Center.
- Sr. OH Skylar Fields and Fr. LIB Gala Trubint were named Pac-12 Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week, respectively, this week. Fields was also chosen as the GameChanger/AVCA National Player of the Week.
- Fields leads the Pac-12 in kills (308), kills per set (4.89 kps), points (336.0) and points per set (5.33 pps). She is 15th in hitting percentage (.313).
- So. S Mia Tuaniga set a new school record with 10 service aces against Colorado (Sept. 30) and recorded only the second rally-scoring era triple-double school history (37 assists, 10 digs, 10 aces). She leads the Pac-12 in aces (34) and aces per set (0.54 saps) and is second in assists (11.00 aps).
- Trubint ranks third in the Pac-12 in digs (4.10 dps) and is the top freshman defender in the league. She has 17 double-digit digs matches.
LAST TIME OUT: USC went on the road and grabbed a pair of four-set wins over Arizona and Arizona State to extend to a four-match win streak for the third time this season. OH Skylar Fields tallied a pair of double-doubles and set new career marks with 27 kills and 29.0 points in the win over Arizona State. LIB Gala Trubint posted a career-best 24 digs against the Wildcats and produced her 17th straight double-digit digs match in the win over the Sun Devils. S Mia Tuaniga put up her fifth double-double of the season and helped the Trojans out-hit their opponent for the 13th time this season (all victories). USC's block continued to solidify as the Women of Troy locked up their fourth straight match in double-digit blocks (sixth of the season). Against ASU, MB Katelyn Smith got the start and racked up a career-high nine kills and 10.5 points in the win.