#14 Utah Football Returns to Rice-Eccles Saturday vs. Arizona
The No. 12 University of Utah Football team returns to Salt Lake City on Saturday, Nov. 5 to take on the Arizona Wildcats in Rice-Eccles Stadium. The game is set for a 5:30 p.m. MT kick on Pac-12 Network.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during all games this season on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics), and by visiting www.UtahUtes.com. Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football.
HOME SWEET HOME
Utah is 110-36 (.753) in Rice-Eccles Stadium (1998-present) and is 82-25 in RES during the Kyle Whittingham era. The Utes have four undefeated home seasons under Whittingham (2008, 6-0; 2009, 6-0; 2019, 7-0; 2021, 6-0). Utah has also won 23 of its last 24 home games, including a streak of 12 in a row (Dec. 5, 2020-present), which is the second-longest streak in the Whittingham era. The longest streak since 2005 was 21 games from Sept. 15, 2007 to Oct. 23, 2010.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham has 150 career victories.
• Utah is bowl eligible for the 14th time in the Whittingham era.
• Through eight games, Utah ranks 12th nationally in completion percentage (.685).
• Utah's defense has scored three touchdowns in 2022, which is fourth in the FBS.
• Utah is only allowing 17.0 first downs per game, ranking first in the Pac-12.
NEED TO KNOWS
• Utah is currently 57-43 (.570) all-time in Pac-12 games since joining the league in 2011.
• Through eight games, Utah leads the Pac-12 in first downs defense (136), passing yards allowed (209.9), time of possession (33:08) and total defense (339.4).
• Utah is one of six Power Five teams and the only team in the Pac-12 to rank in the top-30 nationally in both total defense and total offense.
• The Utes rank 12th in the FBS and first in the Pac-12 in time of possession (33:08), holding an advantage in minutes in seven of their eight games this season.
• Utah has eight consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014. The Utes have finished with a winning season in 15 of Whittingham's 17 years as head coach.
• Utah was picked to finish first in the Pac-12 in the preseason poll, receiving 26 first-place votes.
• Utah ranked No. 7 in the Preseason AP Poll, the highest preseason ranking in program history.
• The Utes have won the Pac-12 South Title four times (2021, 2019, 2018, shared title in 2015), including three in the last four seasons, winning the championship game in 2021.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 74 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah increased its capacity to 51,444 with the Ken Garff Red Zone in 2021.