Beavers Set to Host Final Home Weekend of Regular Season
THE GAMES: The Oregon State men's soccer team will play its final home games of the regular season this week, when San Diego State and UCLA visit Lorenz Field.
FOLLOW ALONG: Thursday's contest will air live on Pac-12 Networks with Ann Schatz on the call. Sunday's game will be carried on Pac-12 Insider.
UP NEXT: The Beavers will wrap up the regular season next Thursday when they head to Seattle for a rivalry matchup with Washington.
- Oregon State will celebrate Senior Day on Sunday, as Javier Armas, Gael Gibert, Adrian Molina-Diaz and Mouhameth Thiam will all be honored in a pre-game ceremony.
- The Beavers re-entered the Top Drawer Soccer Rankings, checking at No. 16 this week.
- Oregon State came in at No. 16 in the NCAA Selection Committee's Top-16 reveal on Friday.
- Clarence Awoudor and Javier Armas have both earned Pac-12 Player of the Week honors this season.
- Oregon State has earned at least a draw in each of its last six games, with two wins and four ties over that span. That run includes four-straight contests against top-six ranked opponents (vs. No. 5 Stanford, vs. No. 6 Portland, vs. No. 1 Washington and at No. 5 Stanford).
- With five draws so far this season, OSU has already set its single-season high for ties, passing the mark of four previously set in 2005, 2008 and 2021. The NCAA removed overtime from the regular season beginning this year.
- The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, as they went 14-2-4, won the Pac-12 and entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. 1 overall seed.
- Oregon State made the final eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
- The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming in Terry Boss' four years as head coach
- Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .654
- Oregon State posted six clean sheets last season, a program record
- The Beavers welcome 17 newcomers to this year's squad
- Oregon State has representatives of nine different countries on its roster: USA, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, and Senegal
- The Beavers welcome in three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Wasswa, Sergi Nus and Alex Rangel
- Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz all return to the Oregon State squad after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
- Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite playing only 12 matches due to injury
- Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, and has now scored in four of Oregon State's last five contests.
- The Beavers are 34-7-10 at home during Boss' tenure
- OSU has not lost in its last nine Pac-12 home matches
- Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all MLS Draft selections following their Beavers careers)
- Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State field players with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 matches on the OSU back line.
- Lund also leads the Beavers in minutes played this season.
- The Beavers are 23-12-3 all-time against San Diego State.
- The Aztecs came away victorious when the two sides met in Southern California earlier this season.
- The Beavers are 11-36-1 in their history against UCLA
- Oregon State took a 1-0 win in Westwood in September, with Ellis Spikner scoring the matches' only goal.