Bears Host Vanguard In Exhibition Thursday
BERKELEY – The California women's basketball team will play its lone exhibition game prior to the start of the 2022-23 regular season when it hosts Vanguard Thursday night inside of Haas Pavilion.
Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. PT. The game will not be streamed and Cal will not have a radio broadcast.
- Date & Time: Thursday, Nov. 3 | 7 p.m. PT
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- Cal enters the season with three players that received Preseason All-Pac-12 Honors. Sophomore guard Jayda Curry was named to the All-Conference team while senior guard Leilani McIntosh and senior forward Evelien Schipholt received honorable mention.
- Cal welcomes five newcomers to the team: sophomore guard Kemery Martin from Utah, graduate forward Peanut Tuitele from Colorado, sophomore forward Claudia Langarita from the University of San Francisco and freshmen guards Amaya Bonner from San Jose, CA and Bella Stevens from Santa Cruz, CA.
- 2021-22 national numbers: Last season, the Bears were one of the top teams in the nation in two stats. Cal did a great job of taking care of the ball, ranking 12th in the country (348 teams ranked) in fewest turnovers with 364, which also led the Pac-12. The Bears also made good use of their free throw attempts ranking 11th in the country (348 teams ranked) in free-throw percentage at 78.5 percent, which also led the Pac-12.
Cal opens the 2022-23 regular season at home on Monday, Nov. 7 against Cal State Northridge. The contest will start at 4 p.m. PT and will be streamed through the Cal Live Stream.