LA Road Trip This Weekend For Sun Devils
TEMPE, Ariz. – After splitting the matches at home last weekend, Sun Devil Volleyball is heading to Los Angeles to face USC on Friday at 7 p.m. MST and UCLA on Sunday at 1 p.m. MST.
How To Follow
Friday's match between the Sun Devils and Trojans will be on the USC Live Stream at 7 p.m. MST and Sunday's match against UCLA will be on Pac-12 Network at 1 p.m. MST. Live stats will also be available. For more updates, follow along on Twitter (@SunDevilVB) and on Instagram (@sundevilvolleyball).
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (11-13, 5-7 Pac-12)
- Last weekend, ASU beat Oregon State in four sets before falling to then-No. 18 Oregon in straight sets. In the last three weeks, the Sun Devils have won the Friday matchup and fallen on Sunday.
- As a team, ASU is first in the conference in digs with 1,236. The team leader in digs is senior libero Annika Larson-Nummer with 206. She is currently on a streak of eight matches in a row reaching double digits in digs, which is the longest of her career. She is 34 digs away from reaching 1,000 career digs. Right behind her is fellow libero Jaden Ravnsborg with 186 and outside hitter Iman Isanovic with 184. Sophomore Geli Cyr is also not far behind with 176.
- Junior pin hitter Marta Levinska had a stand-out weekend for the Sun Devils. She hit a blistering .492 over the two matches, tallying 20 kills against the Beavers and 16 against the Ducks.
- Isanovic maintains sole possession of 11th place in career kills in the ASU record book with 1,283. She needs just 13 more kills to be in the top-10 for total career kills. Currently in 10th is Lisa Stuck (1980-83) with 1,296.
- Senior Shannon Shields has been the main setter as of late. On the season, junior Ella Snyder leads the team in assists with 399, while Shields is right behind her with 393. Shields has the highest assist total in a match this season with 50, her career high that she earned in the win at Oregon State.
USC (16-7, 8-4 Pac-12)
- The Trojans were ranked last week but dropped out of Monday's most recent poll after losses at Utah and Colorado over the weekend. USC has lost three matches in a row.
- Earlier this season, ASU hosted USC in Tempe and the Trojans came away with the 3-1 win. The Sun Devils are looking to snap a four-match losing streak against USC. Arizona State hasn't won in the Galen Center since 2014.
UCLA (11-10, 5-7 Pac-12)
- Similarly to Arizona State, UCLA has split the matches in each of the last three weekends. Ths past weekend, the Bruins lost at Colorado and then swept Utah in Salt Lake City. ASU and UCLA are tied for eighth in the conference standings.
- The Sun Devils and Bruins faced each other back on October 7, with UCLA coming away with the