Beavers Set to Open Season Monday at Gill
THE GAME: Oregon State will open the season on Monday when Tulsa visits Gill Coliseum for a 9 p.m. tip.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on Pac-12 Oregon, with Rich Burk and Dan Belluomini on the call.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State has won eight-straight season-openers - every one the team has played under head coach Wayne Tinkle ... This will mark the 13th-straight season the Beavers have opened their year at Gill Coliseum ... Glenn Taylor Jr. was named to the Pac-12 All-Freshman Team last season ... Oregon State returns four players from last year's squad - Taylor, Dexter Akanno, Rodrigue Andela and Chol Marial. Of that group, Marial did not see action last season due to NCAA eligibility rules and Andela missed the bulk of the season due to injury ... Oregon State's squad features a total of 11 newcomers, eight of which are true freshmen ... The Beavers hosted Lewis & Clark in exhibition action on Oct. 29, coming away with a 98-49 victory ... Oregon State will play 10 of its 11 non-conference games in the state of Oregon - seven at Gill Coliseum and three in Portland as part of the PK Legacy Tournament.
THE ROSTER: Oregon State brings in a new-look roster into the 2022-23 season.
- Oregon State returns four players from last season's squad: Rodrigue Andela, Dexter Akanno, Chol Marial and Glenn Taylor Jr. Of those only Taylor Jr. and Akanno played significant minutes in 2021-22, as Marial missed the entire season due to NCAA eligibility rules stemming from his transfer from Maryland and Andela played in just seven games due to injury
- The Beavers welcome 11 newcomers to this year's team, eight of which are true freshmen.
- Three OSU players join the squad as transfers - Dzmitry Ryuny (San Francisco), Christian Wright (Georgia) and Justin Rochelin (Arizona State)
- The Oregon State squad features representatives from six different countries. In addition to the team's nine Americans, the group also includes athletes from Cameroon (Rodrigue Andela), Canada (KC Ibekwe), South Sudan (Chol Marial), Germany (Michael Rataj) and Belarus (Dzmitry Ryuny).
THE SCHEDULE: A look at Oregon State's 2022-23 schedule:
- Oregon State will play 11 nonconference games, seven of which will take place at Gill Coliseum and 10 of which will be played in the state of Oregon.
- The Beavers will take part in the PK Legacy Tournament in Portland over Thanksgiving weekend. OSU will open the weekend with a matchup with Duke, and will play a total of three games in the event.
- Oregon State is scheduled to play conference games against Washington and USC during December. The Beavers will not play at UCLA or at home vs. Washington State this season.
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.