Washington Schools In Town This Weekend
TEMPE, Ariz. – Sun Devil Volleyball is hosting two ranked teams this weekend at Desert Financial Arena in No. 25 Washington State and No. 20 Washington on Friday and Sunday, respectively.
Friday's match at 7 p.m. MST will be the annual Salute to Service game and Sunday's match at 1 p.m. MST is kids/youth day. Sun Devil Hockey will also have a game Friday night at Mullett Arena, so fans may expect heavy traffic. It is recommended to get there early if possible to avoid too many delays.
How To Watch
Tickets for both matches and the entire season are available here. Fans can also use the ASU Gameday App to access their tickets and for various other in-arena features. Both matchups will be on the ASU Live Stream. For more updates, follow along on Twitter (@SunDevilVB) and on Instagram (@sundevilvolleyball).
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (11-5, 5-9 Pac-12)
- The Sun Devils return home from Los Angeles after two tough matches going 0-2 against USC and UCLA. Senior Iman Isanovic and junior Marta Levinska both reached double digits in kills against USC and UCLA with Marta Levinska having a double-double against USC.
- Senior Iman Isanovic officially broke the top 10 in the ASU record book for career kills. She now has 1,306 in total. The previous 10th place spot was held by Lisa Stuck (1980-83). Isanovic is now six away from ninth place, which Margie Giordano (2005-08) currently holds with 1,312.
- As a team, ASU is first in the Pac-12 for total digs, led by senior libero Annika Larson-Nummer. Last weekend, she extended her streak of double-digit digs to 11 matches, the longest of her career. She needs to earn seven more digs to get her to 1,000 career digs, which would make her the 20th Sun Devil to do so. On the team, she's first in digs with 233.
- Senior setter Shannon Shields continues to be the primary setter for the Sun Devils, currently leading the team with 443 assists this season, the highest total she's had in any season in her college career. Over the weekend, she had her third double-double of the season.
- Junior Marta Levinska has had six matches in a row reaching double figures in kills, tying the longest streak of her career. She also has had two double-doubles in that streak. On the year, she has 300 kills, second on the team behind Isanovic's 335.
No. 25 Washington State (17-8, 9-5 Pac-12)
- Arizona State takes on Washington State for the second time this season. The last matchup between the Devils and the Cougars ended with a 3-0 win for WSU in Pullman. The Sun Devils are looking to snap a five-match losing streak to the Cougars.
- The Cougars are back in the rankings for the first time this season at No. 25 after ending the 2021 season ranked. Among Pac-12 teams, WSU is third in aces with 151.
- Last weekend, WSU split its matches, beating Oregon State and falling at No. 16 Oregon.
No. 20 Washington
- When Arizona State faced Washington last month in Seattle, ASU took home the win in a five-set match when the Huskies were ranked No. 15.
- The Huskies lead the conference in hitting percentage with .293 and second in total kills (1,313), assists (1,224) and aces (154).
- In the Huskies most recent match, they snapped a brief two-match losing streak, beating Oregon State 3-1 and holding the Beavers to 10 and 13 in two of the three sets won.