Penultimate Regular Season Game Sends #10 Utah Football to #12 Oregon
The No. 10 University of Utah Football team is headed to the Pacific Northwest to take on the Oregon Ducks on Saturday, Nov. 19 for its second-to-last regular season game. The game is set for an 8:30 p.m. MT kick on ESPN.
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during all games this season on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics), and by visiting www.UtahUtes.com. Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football.
ON THE ROAD
Utah is 255-260-12 all-time when playing on the road, including a 25-24 record in regular season conference games since joining the Pac-12 – only losing four league road games since 2019. Utah's last win over Oregon in Autzen Stadium was in 2015 when the No. 18 Utes upset the No. 13 Ducks, 62-20. Utah quarterback Travis Wilson accumulated 327 yards of total offense and five touchdowns.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham has coached in 350 games at Utah, which includes 11 seasons as an assistant coach (224 as head coach).
• Utah is bowl eligible for the 14th time in the Whittingham era.
• The Utes are currently converting 50.8% of its third down attempts, ranking 10th nationally.
• Utah's defense has gained 19 turnovers this season, ranking 16th in the FBS.
• Utah is currently controlling the ball for 33:46 per game, ranking eighth nationally.
NEED TO KNOWS
• Utah is currently 59-43 (.578) all-time in Pac-12 games since joining the league in 2011.
• Through 10 games, Utah leads the Pac-12 in third down conversion percentage defense (.319), fourth down conversion percentage defense (.316), first downs defense (159), passing yards allowed (206.5), time of possession (33:46) and total defense (327.9).
• Utah is one of six Power Five programs that currently rank in the top-25 nationally in scoring offense (12th, 39.3) and scoring defense (21st, 20.0).
• Utah has scored 40+ points in four of the last six games.
• Utah has produced 261 total first downs, which ranks seventh in the FBS.
• Utah has eight consecutive years of winning seasons, dating back to 2014. The Utes have finished with a winning season in 15 of Whittingham's 17 years as head coach.
• Utah was picked to finish first in the Pac-12 in the preseason poll, receiving 26 first-place votes.
• The Utes have won the Pac-12 South Title four times (2021, 2019, 2018, shared title in 2015), including three in the last four seasons, winning the championship game in 2021.
• Utah has sold out Rice-Eccles Stadium in 76 consecutive games, dating back to the 2010 season opener. Utah set a new season attendance record in 2022, bringing in 52,057 per game.