USC Women's Volleyball Sweeps Oregon State For 20th Win
CORVALLIS, Ore. – The USC women's volleyball team (20-8, 12-5 Pac-12) defeated Oregon State (7-20, 2-15) in three sets (25-20, 25-19, 25-18) at Gill Coliseum on Friday, Nov. 18. The Trojans reached 20 wins in a season for the first time since 2018.
- Fr. OH Jordan Wilson had a match-high 12 kills (3e, 23att) and hit .391 to lead the Trojan offense.
- Sr. OH Skylar Fields added an 11-kill performance (1e, 18att) with a .556 hitting percentage to go with four digs and four blocks (one solo). It was her 25th match in double-digit kills.
- So. setter Mia Tuaniga put up 26 assists with two digs, one kill, and delivered the match-clinching service ace.
- Jr. MB Lindsey Miller logged eight kills (2e) on 15 swings to hit .400 and put up four blocks (one solo).
- Gr. MB Kalyah Williams added five kills (0e) on 11 attacks to hit .455 and had a match-high five blocks (two solo).
- Gr. LIB Kelli Barry had eight digs in the start with five assists and two service aces.
- For Oregon State, Mychael Vernon led with 11 kills (4e, 27att, .259). Kateryna Tkachenko had eight kills. Emma Villaluz picked up seven digs. Inna Balyko put up 33 assists and added four digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams had 39 kills apiece, but USC hit .357 to Oregon State's .119 performance. The Trojans also had a big edge at the net with a 10-5 advantage in blocks. It was USC's ninth match in double-digit blocks this season.
- The Trojans grabbed early control in the opening frame and walked away with a 25-20 win behind six kills from Wilson, five from Fields, three by Williams, and four blocks. Both teams had 15 kills in the first set, but USC hit .520 to OSU's .219.
- USC climbed out of three different three-point holes and rolled through a 7-0 run to close out a 25-19 win in set two for a 2-0 lead in the match. Miller had four of her kills in the second and USC added three more blocks to help hold the Oregon State attack to a .083 hitting percentage.
- 10 ties and eight lead changes made for a tight third set. Wilson and Miller each registered four kills apiece and Fields added three to help the Trojans hit .290. The Beavers were held to a .061 hitting rate as USC went on a 10-1 run to sew up the 25-18 win in the third for the sweep.
- The Trojans head down the interstate to face 12th-ranked Oregon (20-5, 14-3 Pac-12) at Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Ore., on Sunday (Nov. 20) at noon PT. The match will be shown live on Pac-12 Networks and Pac-12 Los Angeles.
- USC improved to 62-10 all-time against Oregon State and to 30-7 as the visiting team. It was the Trojans' fifth straight win over the Beavers and USC's 44th all-time 3-0 sweep of OSU.
- The Trojans earned their first 3-0 victory against a Pac-12 opponent this season and their seventh sweep overall, the first since a three-set win over San Jose State on Sept. 18.
- The win gives USC its 20th of the season and marks the Trojans' first 20-win season since 2018, the first in head coach Brad Keller's career, and is the 34th all-time 20-win season in program history.
- USC improved to 58-13 all-time in the state of Oregon (30-7 in Corvallis). The Trojans have now won 12 of their last 14 matches in the Beaver State.
For more information on the USC women's volleyball team and a complete schedule and results, please visit USCTrojans.com/WVB. Fans of the Women of Troy can follow @USCWomensVolley on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.