USC Women’s Basketball Secures Fourth Straight Win In 74-48 Victory At San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO — The USC women's basketball team took control of things in the second quarter of play and left host San Francisco chasing the game as the Trojans captured a 74-48 win over their hosts today in San Francisco, Calif. USC's fourth straight win of 2022-23 saw the Trojans hold their opponents to under 50 points once again.
USC was paced by Rayah Marshall's eighth career double-double, with the sophomore scoring 18 points and hauling in 10 rebounds. Kadi Sissoko was USC's top scorer with 21 points, and Destiny Littleton added 12 for the Trojans. USF had two players finish in double digits: Kennedy Dickier (15 points) and Jasmine Gayles (11 points).
The Trojans were shooting 49 percent from the floor in the first half to help lead it 41-30 at the break, while USF was shooting 39 percent to that point. Both teams cooled a bit in the second half, but USC stayed strong and wrapped things at 43.5 percent to well outpace the Dons' 28.8 final output. USC would win the battle of the boards 43-32 thanks in part to Marshall's 11 rebounds and eight from Sissoko.
USF made the first move in going up 4-0, only to see the Trojans make a 9-0 rally to take the lead. Still, it was a tight 17-15 edge after 10 minutes of play, and the score knotted up three times in the second before USC made another 9-0 surge. The Trojans would lead the rest of the way, gripping a 41-30 advantage by halftime. The Dons managed only eight points in the third while the Trojans piled on 23 more points, and USC had a clear course to the road victory.
USC returns home for a run of six straight games at Galen Center. Next week, the Trojans host Penn at 2 p.m. on Wednesday (Nov. 23) and then host Idaho State at 1 p.m. on Saturday (Nov. 26).
- With 18 points and 10 rebounds today, SO Rayah Marshall recorded her eighth career double-double (second this season).
- With another block today, Marshall extended her streak to 27 straight games with at least one block.
- With 21 points today, GS Kadi Sissoko scored in double digits for the fourth straight game.
- Sissoko's 21 points marked her highest-scoring game as a Trojan
- With 12 points tonight, GS Destiny Littleton scored in double digits for the fourth straight game.
- With two threes hit today, GS Okako Adika has hit a 3-pointer for the fourth straight game
- USC held its opponent to 50 points or fewer for the fourth straight game.