Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week - Sept. 18, 2023
Sep 18, 2023
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Logan Farrington, Sr., F, OREGON STATE (Racine, Wis.)
2 matches, 3 goals, 1 assist, 7 points
- Factored in on all four Oregon State goals during a four-point road trip through the Bay Area, including netting both goals in a 2-1 upset at No. 1 Stanford on Sunday.
- Trailing 2-0 and down to 10 players at California on Thursday, Farrington assisted OSU's 36th-minute opener then scored the equalizer in the 62nd minute to secure a point for the Beavers.
- Gave OSU a 1-0 lead on Stanford in the 21st minute, then headed home the game-winning goal in the 81st to lift the Beavers over the Cardinal for their third road win over the nation's top-ranked team in as many seasons.
- Also named National Player of the Week by College Soccer News.
- Farrington tops the Pac-12 and is tied for first in NCAA Division I with seven goals, and paces the Conference and is tied for second nationally with 16 points.
- Has now totaled 70 points in 54 career collegiate matches, tied for seventh among active NCAA D-I players (7g/2a/7gp at OSU; 20g/14a/47gp at Milwaukee).
- First Pac-12 weekly award (second career - 3/26/20 at Milwaukee), 34th all-time for Beavers' program.
ALSO NOMINATED: Sam Fowler, Washington.
2023 Pac-12 Men's Soccer Players of the Week
|Date||Player of the Week|
|Aug. 28||Zach Bohane, STANFORD|
|Sept. 4||Sam Fowler, WASHINGTON|
|Sept. 11||Austin Brummett, SAN DIEGO STATE|
|Sept. 18||Logan Farrington, OREGON STATE|
Related News & Videos
8 minutes ago