Pac-12 Tennis Weekly Awards - March 16, 2021
MEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Bradley Frye, Jr., USC (Overland Park, Kan.)
- Had the first doubles win partnered with Sean Holt, as well as the first singles win in leading USC to a 7-0 win in its first Pac-12 match of the year against Utah.
- Played at the No. 2 singles position (his highest) for just the second time in his career, recording a straight-sets victory.
- He has now won five consecutive singles matches.
- Pushed individual season singles record to 9-2 and is 8-5 in doubles.
Also Nominated: Timothy Sah, STAN; Sam Feit, UCLA; Ewen Lumsden, WASH.
WOMEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Abbey Forbes, So., UCLA (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Forbes knocked off the nation's No. 1 player, Ashley Lahey of Pepperdine, in the Bruins' 4-3 loss to the Waves.
- The 6-1, 6-4 showing on the top court improved Forbes’ singles record to 9-1, a mark that has been achieved playing exclusively against nationally-ranked foes. Of those nine wins, eight have come in straight sets.
- Forbes and partner Jada Hart did not finish their doubles match, but led Jessica Failla and Shiori Fukuda by a 5-2 score on the top court when the initial point was secured.
- Forbes currently possesses a 4-0 doubles mark.
Also Nominated: Lauryn John-Baptiste, ASU; Jada Bui, CAL; Janice Tjen, ORE; Vanessa Wong, WASH; Savanna Ly-Nguyen, WSU.
2021 PAC-12 TENNIS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK