Pac-12 Research Grants Program
As a key pillar of the Pac-12 SAHWBI, the Pac-12 Grant Program offers research funding to support the advancement of Pac-12 student-athlete health and well-being and has made it a priority to research and develop best practices for general improvements in these areas.
The Pac-12 Conference has committed approximately $3,500,000 per year in research grants for projects at Pac-12 institutions designed to improve the health, general well-being, and safety of student-athletes at all Conference member universities. Partners who are interested in collaborating in Pac-12 supported research projects should contact university staff directly or the Pac-12 Conference to find possible research partners. Specific topics of interest to Pac-12 member institutions include:
- Head Trauma
- Prevention of Sudden Death (Cardiac, Temperature Matters, Hydration)
- Overuse Injuries / Injury Prevention
- Emergency Care - Planning / Prevention of Emergent Medical Events
- Student-Athlete Well Being (Sleep, Nutrition, Mental Health)
- Data Driven Decisions (Use of Pac-12 Health Analytics Program - HAP) such as expansion of Presagia platform (e.g. software development) or sports injury epidemiology.
Research Grant Awardee Accomplishments & Publications
Since its inception, awardees of the Pac-12 Research Grant Program have seen a long list of accomplishments and publications for their work funded by the Pac-12 SAHWBI.
To see a full list of accomplishments, abstracts & publications, see here:
- Pac-12 Funded Grants: Publications (Google Sheet)
- Pac-12 Funded Grants: Conference Presentations/Abstracts (Google Doc)
- Pac-12 Funded Grants: Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals (Google Doc)
Pac-12 Grant Awardees By Year
Prior Grant Awardees by Topic
- Data-Driven Decisions
- Head Trauma
- Overuse Injuries & Injury Prevention
- Prevention of Sudden Death
- Student-Athlete Well Being
See section above for each prior grant awardee by topic.
Pac-12 Research Grant Reviewers
The Pac-12 would like to thank all Student-Athlete Health and Well-Being Grant Program reviewers for their commitment of time and expertise. Their invaluable input contributes to ensuring funded projects meet rigorous academic and scientific standards. This results in developing best practices that are conducive to improvements in high priority areas for the Pac-12 in benefit of student-athletes.
Below is a complete list of Pac-12 Research Grant reviewers: