Team Green Champion: Kai Anderson
Chief Executive Officer of Cassidy & Associates
Kai Anderson is the Chief Executive Officer of Cassidy & Associates, a Washington, D.C.-based government relations firm. Kai specializes in designing legislative strategies that balance the responsible development of natural resources and critical infrastructure with conservation.
- After earning a PhD in geology from Stanford University in 1998, Kai came to Washington DC to serve a one-year Congressional Science Fellowship in the office of Senator Joseph Lieberman’s (D-CT).
- Kai worked nearly six years for former Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, before leaving public service to establish an environment and energy advocacy practice at Cassidy. Kai assumed leadership of Cassidy & Associates in 2013 and still continues working with his clients.
- Kai has contributed to numerous conservation campaigns across the country, including efforts to decrease our carbon footprint, mitigate the impacts of climate change, complete renewable energy projects, and improve corporate sustainability for a clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 Companies to local and national environmental organizations.
- A native of eastern Oregon, Kai grew up hunting, fishing, and hiking on public lands. He has applied his background and experience in natural resources and earth science to policymaking throughout his career.
- While at Stanford, Kai was a student-athlete and member of the universitiy's men's rugby team.
More from Pac-12 Team Green
- 1 of 15
- next ›