Cal Football Notebook - August 10, 2014
BERKELEY – The Cal football team wrapped up its first week of 2014 training camp Sunday with its seventh workout of the campaign on Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium. Highlights and notes from the practice included ...
- A strong day from the defense including an interception by Jalen Jefferson on the first drive of 11-on-11’s after a pick during third-down sessions by Trey Cheek and interceptions from Darius Allensworth and Griffin Piatt in 7-on-7
- Sacks in the full team session from Todd Barr, Jonathan Johnson and Brennan Scarlett
- A dramatic pass breakup by Cedrick Dozier at the goal line that prevented a 33-yard touchdown pass
- The return to contact drills by running back Daniel Lasco
- A 41-yard by Jeffrey Coprich that could have been longer had the whistle not blown
- Touchdown catches by Chris Harper, Bryce Treggs and Cameron Stevens during 7-on-7 work
- A blocked field goal by Mustafa Jalil during a special teams session early in practice
- After practice CalBears.com snapped a shot of wide receivers Erik Brown and Chris Harper hanging out with Harper's dad, Mark
Cal will have two workouts Monday before its next practice open to the public Tuesday (3:30 – 6 p.m. PT). Training camp sessions will continue through Golden Bear Day presented by Bug Zappers Pest Control at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 23 (2-4 p.m. PT). Visit CalBears.com for a complete training camp schedule.
Cal football tickets are available at CalBears.com or by calling (800) GO BEARS (462-3277). The Golden Bears open the 2014 campaign Aug. 30 at Northwestern and will host six games on Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium this season, starting with the home opener Sept. 6 vs. Sacramento State. In addition, Cal will play Oregon on Friday, Oct. 24 at Levi's® Stadium in Santa Clara.