This week in Pac-12 women's soccer
• A league-record nine Pac-12 women’s soccer teams earned berths to the 2014 NCAA Women’s College Cup. Two Conference teams earned top seeds, with UCLA and STANFORD taking home two of the four No. 1 spots. Other teams receiving berths are No. 4-seeded WASHINGTON, ARIZONA, ARIZONA STATE, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, USC and WASHINGTON STATE.
• The nine league teams were the most of any conference in the country. Following the Pac-12 was the SEC, which has eight teams, while the ACC and Big 12 will have six representatives each.
• The Pac-12 currently holds an all-time record of 150-104-21 in the NCAA Women’s College Cup, with three national championships and five second-place finishes. The league has previously had eight teams compete in the postseason once in 2009, and had seven teams compete in the postseason seven times. For all-time postseason results in the Pac-12, see page five of this release.
• Five teams are ranked in the top 25 of this week’s NSCAA polling for the sixth time this season, with seven total teams receiving votes. UCLA continues its stand at No. 1 for the 13th-straight week, while Stanford stayed at No. 3, extending its stay in the top five for the 12th-consecutive week. California slid up to No. 20, while Washington State moved up one spot to No. 23. Washington earned a top-25 ranking for the fourth time this week, weighing in at No. 24. Arizona State and USC are also receiving votes.
• National honors continue to pour in for Pac-12 women’s soccer, as 13 players received Capital One® CoSIDA Academic All-District VIII honors. The league landed seven players on the first team, with six players receiving second-team accolades. For a full list of national honors from this season, see page two of the release.
• UCLA’s Kylie McCarthy was named Offensive Player of the Week, while Colorado’s Morgan Stanton earned Defensive Player of the Week and Arizona State’s Chandler Morris was tabbed Goalkeeper of the Week.
UPCOMING PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER SCHEDULE
Friday, Nov. 14
ARIZONA at Oklahoma State, 2 p.m. CT
Seattle at #23 WASHINGTON STATE, 5 p.m. PT
San Diego at #1 UCLA, 7 p.m. PT
Rider at #24 WASHINGTON, 7 p.m. PT
CSU Fullerton at #3 STANFORD, 7 p.m. PT
Saturday, Nov. 15
USC at Pepperdine, 12 p.m. PT
San Diego State at #20 CALIFORNIA, 12 p.m. PT
BYU at COLORADO, 1 p.m. MT
Northern Arizona at ARIZONA STATE, 7 p.m. MT