Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Players of the Week
OFFENSIVE: Taylor Agost, SR, ORE (Happy Valley, Ore.)
• 3.6 ppg, 3.11 kpg, .619 pct; 0.89 bpg
• MVP of the Nike Classic after putting down 28 kills on 42 swings (.3.11 k/s) with only 2 errors for a .619 hitting percentage over three matches, also adding eight blocks.
• Established career-high in hitting percentage in two straight matches, hitting .733 (11-0-15) in sweep of Cal Poly before topping that at .750 (9-0-12) in sweep of #23 Wichita State
• Has only four errors on 77 swings in last five matches (42 K).
• Pac-12 player of the week for the first time in her career and 35th honor all-time for Oregon
DEFENSIVE: Berkeley Oblad, JR, UTAH (Henderson, Nev.)
• 3.1 ppg, 2.36 kpg, .477 pct; 0.27 dpg; 1.45 bpg
• Helped Utah to a 3-0 record and went onto earn Utah Classic MVP Honors following a weekend where she registered 26 kills, a .477 hitting percentage and 16 total blocks (1.45/set).
• Tallied four total blocks in Utah's win over #15-ranked San Diego on Friday and then tied a career-high with nine total blocks against Green Bay on Saturday.
• Registered just five hitting errors all weekend, which led to nearly hitting at a clip of .500 over three matches.
• First-career weekly honor and the 11th all-time for Utah since joining the Pac-12 in 2011.
FRESHMAN: Mima Mirkovic, FR, CAL (Irvine, Calif.)
• 3.5 ppg, 3.36 kpg, .333 pct; 2.91 dpg; 0.18 bpg
• Demonstrated a solid all-around game in making the Rice Invitational All-Tournament Team, averaging 3.36 kills/set while hitting for a .333 percentage and registering 2.91 digs per set.
• Took over down the stretch in a four-set win over Rice, helping Cal overcome a 23-21 deficit in the fourth set with three key kills and a diving save into Cal's bench that tied the score at 23-23. The Bears went on to win the set 29-27 to finish off the match.
• Finished the match against Rice with 16 kills at a .419 hitting percentage to go along with 17 digs.
• Posted double-digit kills in all three matches vs. Incarnate Word, Rice and Lousiana.
• First Pac-12 Freshman of the Week nod and the fifth all-time for Cal.
Offensive: Oluoma Okaro, ASU; Antzela Dempi, CAL; Alexa Smith, COLO; Mary-Kate Marshall, OSU; Kathryn Plummer, STAN; Jordan Dunn, USC; Bailey Choy, UTAH; Marion Hazelwood, OSU; Jocelyn Urias, WSU.
Defensive: Halle Harker, ASU; Jessica Gafney, CAL; Naghede, Abu, COLO; Ronika Stone, ORE; Audrianna Fitzmorris, STAN; Zana Muno, UCLA; Victoria Garrick, USC; Tia Scambray, WASH; Jocelyn Urias, WSU.
Freshman: Griere Hughes, ASU; Brynna Deluzio, COLO; Maddie Goings, OSU; Brooke Botkin, USC, Dani Barton, UTAH.
2017 PAC-12 VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Aug. 28||Khalia Lanier, USC||Zana Muno, UCLA||Mac May, UCLA|
|Sept. 4||Mary-Kate Marshall, OSU||Tawnee Luafalemana, Utah||Dani Barton, Utah|
|Sept. 11||Taylor Agost, ORE||Berkeley Oblad, Utah||Mima Mirkovic, CAL|
Wed 9/27 | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 9/28 | 3:30pm PTLive