Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kristine Anigwe, Sr., C, California (Phoenix, Ariz.)
2 gm, 30.5 ppg, 11-19 FG (57.9)
• In Tuesday’s season opener, Anigwe’s recorded 37 points and added 13 rebounds to help California defeat Houston, 80-79, marking the fourth-highest scoring performance of her career.
• Anigwe finished the game 11-for-11 from the foul line, tying her career best for most free throws made in a game without a miss.
• The senior had a game-high 24 points and 22 rebounds in California’s 75-58 victory at Penn State for her second-career game with 20+ points and 20+ rebounds.
• Anigwe now has 906 career rebounds to rank fifth on Cal’s all-time career rebound list.
• Fourth-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Cal’s 46th all-time nod.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Destiny Slocum, OSU; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Kiana Williams, STAN; Kennedy Burke, UCLA; Minyon Moore, USC; Dre’Una Edwards, UTAH; Amber Melgoza, WASH; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Dre’Una Edwards, Fr, F, Utah (Las Vegas, Nev.)
16 ppg, 15 rpg, 4-5 (.800) FT, 17.5 rpg
• Edwards led the Utes with 16 points and 15 rebounds in their season-opening win over Nevada, 74-52.
• Edwards’ double-double in her first-career game was the first time a true freshman had opened their Utah career with a double-double since 2010.
• Edwards’s 15 rebounds were the most by any player in the league in season-opening games
• First- career Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award for Utah’s sixth freshman honor.
Also nominated: Cate Reese, ARIZ; McKenzie Forbes, CAL; Sirena Tuitele, COLO; Jasmine Simmons, OSU; Lexie Hull, STAN; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Shalexxus Aaron, USC; T.T. Watkins, WASH.
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 12||Kristine Anigwe, CAL||Dre’Una Edwards,UTAH|