Pac-12 announces women's soccer players of the week
Offensive: Brianna McReynolds, FR, Oregon State (Glendale, Calif.)
4 G, 1 GWG, 1 Assist, 9 Shots
• Extended Oregon State’s unbeaten streak to 7-0, the best start in program history, defeating Houston (5-0) and Rice (2-1).
• Earned her first-career hat trick and notched one assist, earning seven points against the Cougars. This is the most goals scored and the most points earned in a single match by a Beaver since 2011.
• Scored the game-winning goal in OSU’s victory over the Owls.
• McReynolds earns her first weekly honors, the 18th all-time for the Beavers.
Defensive: Emily Smith, JR, California (Los Gatos, Calif.)
• Helped the Bears continue their best start to season a since 2000 as they are now 7-0 after topping both UC Irvine (1-0) and Santa Clara (2-1) last week.
• Led a backline that produced California’s second-longest shutout streak (6) in program history as the Bears were the last team in the nation to concede a goal this season.
• Limited Santa Clara to just one goal as the Broncos entered the match averaging 2.8 goals per game on the season and were held to one goal for just the second time this fall.
• Earns her second-consecutive defensive player of the week honor, and with Angelina Anderson’s goalkeeper of the week award, it marks California’s 47th all-time.
Goalkeeper: Angelina Anderson, FR, California (Danville, Calif.)
180 MIN, 6 SV, 1 SO
• Posted six saves on the weekend including an impressive diving save in the 80th minute of California’s win over Santa Clara (2-1), denying a close-range header to secure the Bears’ seventh-consecutive win.
• Recorded her fifth-consecutive clean sheet against the Anteaters (1-0) as the Bears were the last team in the country to allow a goal.
• Held the Broncos to just one goal, only the second time this season Santa Clara has failed to score multiple goals.
• Named goalkeeper of the week for the first time this season, and with Emily Smith’s defensive player of the week honors, it marks California’s 47th all-time.
Offensive: Jill Aguilera, ARIZ; Emma Westin, CAL; Taylor Kornieck, COLO; Sophia Smith, STAN; Kennedy Faulknor, UCLA; Natalie Jacobs, USC; Summer Yates, WASH; Morgan Weaver, WSU.
Defensive: Samantha Falasco, ARIZ; Gabbi Chapa, COLO; Alyssa Hinojosa, ORE; Sydney Studer, OSU; Naomi Girma, STAN; Kaiya McCullough, UCLA; Julia Bingham, USC.
Goalkeeper: Kendyll Humphreys, ARIZ; Jalen Tompkins, COLO; Bridgette Skiba, OSU; Katie Meyer, STAN; Teagan Micah, UCLA; Anna Smith, USC.