Pac-12 Football Players of the Week - Week 6
OFFENSE: Jake Luton, R-Sr., QB, Oregon State (Marysville, Wash.)
• Accounted for six of the Beavers' seven TDs in the 48-31 win over UCLA.
• He set a career-best with five TD passes and capped off the win with a 19-yard TD rush.
• Became the first Beaver responsible for six TDs in a single game since Sean Mannion threw for six TDs against Colorado in 2013. Luton is just the fourth player in school history to account for six TDs.
• Luton has the longest active consecutive streak of pass attempts without an interception nationally. He is now at 166 dating back to the 2018 season.
Also nominated: Khalil Tate, QB, ARIZ; Tony Brown, WR, COLO; Cameron Scarlett, RB, STAN
DEFENSE: Paulson Adebo, Jr., CB, Stanford (Mansfield, Texas)
• Matched career high with four pass breakups and added five tackles in a 23-13 win over No. 15 Washington on Saturday.
• Helped limit the Huskies to 206 passing yards (16-36) and 88 yards rushing (22 attempts)
• Also helped limit Washington to just 2-of-12 in third-down conversions.
• Coverage down field helped Stanford get to the quarterback, registering two sacks and six QB hurries.
Also nominated: Tony Fields II, LB, ARIZ; Kuony Deng, LB, CAL; Carson Wells, LB, COLO; Isaac Slade-Matautia, LB, ORE; Avery Roberts, LB, OSU
SPECIAL TEAMS: Daniel Rodriguez, R-Sr., P, Oregon State (Pleasanton, Calif.)
• Punted three times in the Beavers' 48-31 win over UCLA. Averaged 47.7 yards per punt, and tallied a 62-yarder, which tied his career high. Also trapped UCLA inside its 20 once.
• Performed a drop kick on a kickoff in the first quarter that went 23 yards and was recovered by Oregon State in UCLA territory. The Beavers scored on the drive to go up 21-0.
• Is averaging 47.9 yards per punt this season, and has five punts end inside an opponents' 20, Also has four punts - of 14 total - of 50 or more yards.
Also nominated: Jet Toner, PK, STAN; James Stefanou, PK, COLO; Lucas Havrisik, PK, ARIZ
OFFENSIVE LINE: Drew Dalman, Jr., C, Stanford (Salinas, Calif.)
• Directed traffic on a line that featured three true freshmen in a 23-13 win over No. 15 Washington on Saturday
• Created holes that allowed Cameron Scarlett to rush a career-high 33 times for 151 yards (first career 100-yard game) and a touchdown
• Protected QB Davis Mills who finished 21-of-30 for a career-high 293 yards and one touchdown and was not sacked.
• Stanford posted 24 first downs, was 6-of-14 on third-down conversions, and had 482 yards total offense (189 rushing, 293 passing)
Also nominated: Shane Lemieux, OL, ORE; Blake Brandel, OL, OSU; Will Sherman, So., COLO.
DEFENSIVE LINE: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Fr. DE, Oregon (South Central Los Angeles, Calif.)
• Recorded two sacks in Oregon's 17-7 win over California
• Key part of defense that marked the first time since 1960 that Oregon has held four consecutive opponents to single-digit points
• Third-highest graded defensive end in the nation by Pro Football Focus at 92.4
• Got to the quarterback three times in 21 snaps Oregon defense limited California to 66 yards rushing.
Also nominated: Luc Bequette, DL, CAL; Elu Aydon, DL, OSU; Michael Williams, DT, STAN
FRESHMAN: Simi Fehoko, R-Fr., WR, Stanford (Sandy, Utah)
• Career-high three catches for 91 yards and a touchdown in a 23-13 win over No. 15 Washington on Saturday
• Career-long 42-yard touchdown reception from Davis Mills was first career TD and marked the longest pass completion of the year for Stanford (previous: 39, Davis Mills to Michael Wilson at Oregon State on Sept. 28).
Also nominated: Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, ORE
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 2:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive