Pac-12 Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, presented by Nextiva - Dec. 28, 2020
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its fifth weekly honors of the 2020-21 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva and voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (12/28/20)
McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO
Sr., G, North Robbinsdale, Minn.
• The Wooden Award and Naismith Trophy candidate led all players with 21 points and seven assists to propel Colorado to its fourth consecutive victory in Tuesday's 74-64 win over Grand Canyon.
• Second Pac-12 Player of the Week honor of season (11/30) and fourth of his career, the most for a Colorado player in program history.
• According to College Basketball Reference, Wright IV is 1-of-5 guards nationally - the only one from a power conference - to average better than 16.0 points (16.3 ppg) and 60 percent shooting (60.8%) in multiple games played so far this season.
• Currently the only player in the Pac-12 ranked in the league's top 10 in scoring (16.3 ppg, 8th), field goal percentage (.608, 8th) and assists (5.9 apg, 2nd).
• Enters the week with 542 career assists, 20 shy of the Colorado program record set in 1984.
ALSO NOMINATED: James Akinjo, Arizona; Ryan Betley, California; Warith Alatishe, Oregon State; Bryce Wills, Stanford; Efe Abogidi, Washington State.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (12/28/20)
Efe Abogidi, WASHINGTON STATE
Fr., F, Delta State, Nigeria
• Averaged a double-double of 15.5 points and 13.0 rebounds in two wins to help keep WSU undefeated on the season at 8-0. Shot 59 percent from the field (10-17) and also registered 4.0 blocks.
• Posted 16 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks in rout of Prairie View A&M on Monday, followed by 15 points, 12 boards and four blocks in Wednesday's win over Northwestern State.
• Has now recorded three consecutive double-doubles, only the second freshman to accomplish the feat in program history joining Steve Puidokas in 1974.
• Is 1-of-2 freshmen nationally averaging at least 10 points, nine rebounds and two blocks per College Basketball Reference. The other is USC's Evan Mobley.
• Marks WSU's first Freshman of the Week honor.
ALSO NOMINATED: Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona; Ziaire Williams, Stanford.
2020-21 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Josh Christopher, ASU|
|Dec. 7||Eugene Omoruyi, ORE||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 14||Jemarl Baker Jr., ARIZ||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 21||Oscar da Silva, STAN||Ziaire Williams, STAN|
|Dec. 28||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Efe Abogidi, WSU|