Pac-12 Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, presented by Nextiva - Feb. 22, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its 13th weekly honors of the 2020-21 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva and voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (2/22/21)
Noah Williams, WASHINGTON STATE
So., G, Seattle, Wash.
• The NCAA.com National Player of the Week averaged 28.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 5.3 assists in a three-game week, including 36.0 points in Washington State's first weekend sweep of the Bay Area schools since 2011-12.
• Erupted for career-high 40 points in triple overtime victory over Stanford on Saturday. It marked the first 40-point performance in a Conference contest since Andrew Andrews scored 47 for Washington in March 2016.
• Program-record 54 minutes played, career-high eight 3-pointers against the Cardinal.
• Scored then career-high 32 points and added nine rebounds and seven assists in just 30 minutes in rout of California on Thursday.
• Williams' 72 total points over the weekend were the most in program history surpassing Bennie Seltzer's 68 in 1993, the last time a Cougar posted back-to-back 30-point outings.
ALSO NOMINATED: James Akinjo, Arizona; McKinley Wright IV, Colorado; Chris Duarte, Oregon; Ethan Thompson, Oregon State; Oscar da Silva, Stanford; Jaime Jaquez Jr., UCLA; Evan Mobley, USC; Timmy Allen, Utah.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (2/22/21)
Azuolas Tubelis, ARIZONA
Fr., F, Vilnius, Lithuania
• Averaged a double-double of 17.0 points and 11.5 rebounds in Arizona's split through Los Angeles.
• Week was highlighted by 16-point, 15-rebound, 3-assist effort in the Wildcats' win over league-leading and nationally ranked USC on Saturday.
• Opened week with 18 points, eight rebounds and two blocks in Thursday loss at UCLA.
• Second Arizona rookie to earn Freshman of the Week honors this season (B. Mathurin, 1/4/21).
ALSO NOMINATED: Michael O'Connell, Stanford; Mac Etienne, UCLA; Evan Mobley, USC; Pelle Larsson, Utah; Andrej Jakimovski, Washington State.
2020-21 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK