Beavers Set for Ranked Matchup with Huskies
THE GAME: The No. 4 Oregon State men's soccer team will be at home for an battle of two teams tied atop the Pac-12 standings, when No. 6 Washington visits Lorenz Field on Wednesday.
FOLLOW ALONG: Wednesday's game will air live on Pac-12 Networks with Ann Schatz on the call. Live stats for Wednesday's match will be available at OSUBeavers.com and every match this season can be followed on Twitter at @BeaverMSoccer.
2021 SEASON: The Pac-12 delayed the start of the soccer season to February due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Oregon State is scheduled to play 13 matches in the campaign, including 10 conference games.
- Oregon State checks in at No. 6 in this week's Top Drawer Soccer National Ranking. The Beavers were No. 4 in last week's United Soccer Coaches Poll, and await this week's ranking, which will be released on Tuesday.
- The Beavers are off to a 7-1 start for the first time since the team opened the 2014 season 7-1.
- Oregon State has the best goal differential in the nation at +19,
- OSU is 4-1 to start Pac-12 play for the first time since 2005.
- As of Monday, Gloire Amanda is the NCAA leader in total goals with 11
- Oregon State's 5-0 win over San Diego State on Saturday marked the team's first five-goal win over a conference opponent since OSU beat Mountain Pacific Sports Federation foe UC Santa Barbara 6-0 on Oct. 11, 1998.
- OSU has out-scored its opponents 24-5 on the season
- The Beavers are allowing just 0.62 goals per contest
- Oregon State has conceded just one goal in six home matches this season
- The Beavers were selected to finish third in the Pac-12 Preseason Coaches' Poll, receiving two first-place votes
- Sofiane Djeffal was named to the Top Drawer Soccer Preseason Bext XI First Team. Djeffal, Joel Walker and Joe Hafferty were all among Top Drawer Soccer's 100 Players to Watch.
- Oregon State returns 16 of its 24 goals and 24 of its 31 assists from last season.
- Oregon State has 13 international players on the squad this season, compared to 14 domestic players.
- Terry Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in Oregon State history.
- Gloire Amanda has scored 11 goals in eight games, giving him the second-highest goals per-game averaged in the nation.
- Is already among the top-10 in Oregon State history for: career goals, single-season goals, career game-winning goals, and single-season game-winning goals.
- Oregon State is 16-35-3 all-time against Washington, but the Beavers won the teams' meeting earlier this season in Seattle.
- Gloire Amanda scored both Oregon State goals in the two-sides' meeting in February.
- Oregon State is 21-4-3 at home since the start of the 2018 season - Terry Boss' first season as head coach.
- As of Wednesday morning, the Beavers will not have lost a home match in 495 days.
Stars, Stripes and Dotson:
- Oregon State alum Hassani Dotson is currently competing with the United States U-23 squad for Olympic Qualifying. Dotson scored a pair of goals on Sunday against the Dominican Republic.
- Joe Hafferty as selected with 37th overall pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft. Hafferty was selected in the second round by Inter Miami, but was later traded to the Seattle Sounders.
- The Beavers have had 11 players taken in the MLS Draft all-time, headlined by No. 1 overall pick in 2010 Danny Mwanga and No. 2 overall pick in 2015 Khiry Shelton.