Pac-12 Women's Soccer Weekly Awards - Oct. 25, 2021
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Mia Fishel, Jr., UCLA (San Diego, Calif.)
2 games, 2 goals, 2 assists, 6 points
- The junior forward had a hand in every goal UCLA scored this week with two goals and two assists.
- Scored two goals, including the game-winner, and assisted on the game's first goal in a 3-1 win for the Bruins at Washington.
- Also assisted on the game's first goal in a 1-1 draw at Washington State.
- Leads the unbeaten Bruins with 11 goals and 25 points and leads the conference with five game-winning goals.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Naomi Girma, Sr., Stanford (San Jose, Calif.)
2 games, 160 minutes
- The senior defender anchored a Stanford defense that recorded a pair of shutout victories for the Cardinal.
- Stanford allowed just six total shots, three on goal, in shutouts of Arizona State (2-0) and Arizona (4-0).
- Marked the nation's leading goal scorer, ASU's Nicole Douglas, and limited her to just one shot that was off target.
GOALKEEPER OF THE WEEK: Nadia Cooper, Fr., Washington State (Houston, Texas)
2 games, 10 saves, 220 minutes
- Allowed just one goal on 35 shots faced in 220 minutes of action against a pair of top-10 teams in USC and UCLA.
- Made five saves and recorded her sixth shutout of the season in holding No. 5 USC and its national top-10 scoring offense without a goal in 110 minutes of play. It marked just the second time this year the Trojans were shut out.
- Also came up with five saves against No. 8 UCLA on Sunday including a game-saving play in the second overtime, coming off her line to stuff a breakaway by the Bruins.
Offensive Player of the Week: Ayo Oke, CAL; Shyra James, COLO; Ally Cook, ORE; McKenna Martinez, OSU; Maya Doms, STAN; Brianna Pearson, UTAH; Croix Bethune, USC; Summer Yates, WASH.
Defensive Player of the Week: Sydney Collins, CAL; Jade Babcock-Chi, COLO; Mia Palmer, ORE; Lilly Reale, UCLA; Brooklyn Courtnall, USC; Sydney Studer, WSU.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Angelina Anderson, CAL; Dani Hansen, COLO; Leah Freeman, ORE; Katie Meyer, STAN; Lauren Brzykcy, UCLA; Anna Smith, USC.