Pac-12 Women's Soccer Weekly Awards - Nov. 1, 2021
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Croix Bethune, Jr., USC (Alpharetta, Ga.)
2 games, 3 goals, 1 assist, 7 points
- Totaled three goals and seven points in a 2-0 week that kept the Trojans in the hunt for an outright Pac-12 title.
- The junior had two goals and an assist in USC's comeback 3-2 win over No. 9 Stanford, including the game-winner in overtime.
- Had a part in all three goals of the 3-2 victory over Stanford, assisting USC's first goal and then scoring the equalizer before her OT heroics.
- The midfielder also scored the game-winner for the Trojans in a 2-0 blanking of California.
- Bethune now has the second-most goals in the Pac-12 with 13, second-most points with 33, fourth-most assists with seven and the third-most game-winning goals with four.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Sydney Pulver, Sr., WASHINGTON STATE (Parker, Colo.)
2 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, 3 points
- Led Washington State to a perfect weekend on the road at Oregon and Oregon State.
- Helped the Cougars record their 12th shutout of the year, the second-most in a season in program history, with a 1-0 win at Oregon.
- Also recorded the game-winning assist in the 89th minute at Oregon, the latest game-winning goal for WSU since 2008.
- Scored the equalizing goal via a penalty kick in the 89th minute of an eventual 3-2 victory at Oregon State, marking the first time the Cougs won when trailing after 75 minutes since 2017.
GOALKEEPER OF THE WEEK: Lauren Brzykcy, Sr., UCLA (San Clemente, Calif.)
2 games, 0 goals allowed, 6 saves, 193 minutes
- Senior goalkeeper earned a pair of shutouts as UCLA swept the Bay Area schools to stay unbeaten and in contention for the Pac-12 title.
- Recorded her eighth shutout of the year against Stanford on Thursday, making four saves against the Pac-12's No. 2 offense in the 1-0 win.
- Added two saves on 13 shots faced in Sunday's 1-0 overtime win over California, playing 104 shutout minutes to record her league-leading ninth clean sheet of the season.
- Lowered her goals-against average to 0.50 and picked up her Pac-12-leading 14th and 15th wins.
Offensive Player of the Week: Jill Aguilera, ARIZ; Nicole Douglas, ASU; Shyra James, COLO; McKenna Martinez, OSU; Mia Fishel, UCLA; Courtney Talbot, UTAH; Summer Yates, WASH; Margie Detrizio, WSU.
Defensive Player of the Week: Jenna Studer, ARIZ; Hannah Sharts, COLO; Madison Ellsworth, OSU; Jayden Perry, UCLA; Zoe Burns, USC ; Jessika Cowart, WASH.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Hope Hisey, ARIZ; Dani Hansen, COLO; Bridgette Skiba, OSU; Anna Smith, USC; Olivia Sekany, WASH.