Beavers To Battle SEC Foe Texas A&M Saturday At Gill
THE GAME: Oregon State returns to action at 5 p.m. on Saturday against the Texas A&M Aggies at Gill Coliseum.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on Pac-12 Network with Jordan Kent and Matt Muehlebach calling the action.
For information on how to watch the game online or on a mobile device, click on this link. If you live overseas and want to watch the game, it is available via YouTube at this link.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Jon Warren calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
TICKETS: Fans can secure season tickets by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050. Single-game tickets can be purchased at this link. A "Weekend at Benny's Plan" is also available for the nine games that are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday. Seats will be assigned "Best Available" for each game and can be purchased at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State made 7.0 3-point field goals per game and set the program's single-season free throw percentage record at 76.2% last season; the Beavers have struggled early this season, making 4.9 3-point field goals per game and shooting 64.1% from the stripe ... Ahmad Rand posted his first career double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds against UC Davis ... Dashawn Davis is tied for second in the Pac-12 in assists per game (4.22) ... Jarod Lucas has made multiple 3-pointers in seven of the 10 games ... Warith Alatishe is shooting a team-best 54.3% (50-for-92) from the field ... Roman Silva has scored 10 points in the last two games; he scored 15 points in the first eight games ... Tre' Williams is shooting 62.1% (18-for-29) on two-point attempts ... Xzavier Malone-Key scored a season-high nine points in 10 minutes against UC Davis ... Maurice Calloo (COVID-19 protocols) and Gianni Hunt (personal reasons) missed the UC Davis game ... Rodrigue Andela will miss 8-12 weeks after breaking a bone in his left foot at practice on Tuesday, November 23.
vs. TEXAS A&M: Oregon State and Texas A&M are meeting for the fifth time with the series tied 2-2. This is the first time the teams will face each other in Corvallis.
Oregon State won the first meeting, 36-30, on Jan. 2, 1942 in Champaign, Ill., and the second meeting, 80-58, on Dec. 29, 1976 at the Far West Classic in Portland, Ore. Texas A&M won 67-64 on Dec. 15, 2018 at the Dam City Classic in Portland and 64-49 on Dec. 21, 2019 at Reed Arena in College Station, Texas.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won win nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).