Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - March 21, 2022
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Travis Bazzana, Oregon State
(Fr.,INF - Sydney, Australia)
5 GP, .333 AVG, .385 OBP, .583 SLG, 11 RBI, 2 HR, 4 R, 8 H
- Hit safely in all five games during the week, and captured six during the three games in a series victory over Arizona State.
- Had eight RBI in the opener Friday, just one shy of tying the Oregon State single-game record. All eight RBI came in the first four innings. He's the first Beaver with eight RBI in a game since Shea McFeely in 2004. The eight RBI are also the most by a Pac-12 player this season
- Hit a grand slam in the first inning as the Beavers' scored their most runs (21) in a conference game since 2002.
- Hit another home run in Saturday's game en route to a 12-2 win.
- Played flawlessly defensively, recording 17 assists over the five games.
- First freshman to win a Pac-12 weekly award this season.
- First Oregon State player to win this award since Jacob Melton on April 6, 2021.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Cooper Hjerpe, Oregon State
(So., LHP - Capay, Calif.)
1 GP, 1-0, 7.0 IP, 0.00 ERA, 1 H, 2 BB, 12 K
- Struck out a career-high 12 in seven innings of work while limiting Arizona State to just one hit. The lone hit was a single in the third inning that was stranded at first. Walked two and ultimately faced just three batters over the minimum in the win.
- ASU put just one runner into scoring position against Hjerpe, who got out of the fourth inning with a strikeout.
- Struck out the side in the fifth and seventh innings. The seventh was his final inning of work. Struck out nine of the last 11 batters he faced.
- One of eight D-1 pitchers with five wins so far this season (through Sunday's games)
- First OSU pitcher to win this award since Hjerpe won it on May 24, 2021 (the first time he won this award).
Player of the Week: Chase Davis, ARIZ; Dylan Beavers, CAL; Anthony Hall, ORE; JonJon Vaughns, UCLA; Rhylan Thomas, USC; Johnny Tincher, WASH
Pitcher of the Week: TJ Nichols, ARIZ; Tyler Meyer, ASU; Nick Proctor, CAL; Jake Brooks, UCLA; Carson Lambert, USC; Calvin Kirchoff, WASH
|Feb. 21||Tanner O’Tremba (Arizona)||Dawson Netz (Arizona)|
|Feb. 28||Brett Barrera (Stanford)||Quinn Mathews (Stanford)|
|March 7||Carson Yates (UCLA)||Joseph King (California)|
|March 14||Daniel Susac (Arizona)||Adam Tulloch (Arizona State)|
|March 21||Travis Bazzana (Oregon State)||Cooper Hjerpe (Oregon State)|