Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - March 14, 2022
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Daniel Susac, Arizona
(Soph, C - Roseville, Calif.)
4 GP, .526 AVG, .500 OBP, 1.105 SLG, 11 RBI, 3 HR, 5 R, 10 H, 5 XBH
- Led Arizona in hits, extra-base hits, RBI, and slugging percentage as they went 3-1 on the week.
- Hit two home runs in the first inning in Sunday's rubber match at Cal; first Arizona player to have two home runs in the same inning in 24 years
- Collected multiple base hits and scored a run in every game, raising season batting average to .416 (entering Monday).
- Paced Arizona on offense as they won their opening Pac-12 series at Cal
- Second time Susac has won this award after winning it on March 30, 2021.
- Second Arizona player to win this year after Tanner O'Tremba won in the season's opening week.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Adam Tulloch, Arizona State
(Jr, LHP - Weston, Fla.)
1 GP, 1-0, 7.0 IP, 3.86 ERA, 5 H, 0 BB, 13 K
- Set the tone for ASU's series sweep over San Francisco, striking out 13 batters with 0 walks in 7.0 innings of work with just three runs allowed in the Friday-night victory
- His third quality start in three starts this year
- 13 strikeouts were the most for a Sun Devil since Jake Borup had 13 on March 28, 2010 against Cal. It was the most of Tulloch's career at any level, topping games where he had 12 at Wingate and the College of Central Florida early in his career.
- In his first season with Arizona State after transferring from West Virginia.
- First Sun Devil to win the award since Ryan Hingst on March 28, 2016.
Player of the Week: Joe Lampe, ASU; Tanner Smith, ORE; Jacob Melton, OSU; Brett Barrera, STAN; Tyresse Turner, USC; Bryce Matthews, WSU
Pitcher of the Week: Charlie Hurley, USC; Blake Whiting, UTAH; Garrett Irvin; ARIZ; Drew Dowd, STAN
|Feb. 21||Tanner O’Tremba (Arizona)||Dawson Netz (Arizona)|
|Feb. 28||Brett Barrera (Stanford)||Quinn Mathews (Stanford)|
|March 7||Carson Yates (UCLA)||Joseph King (California)|
|March 14||Daniel Susac (Arizona)||Adam Tulloch (Arizona State)|