Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva - Nov. 14, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 today announced its women's basketball performance awards, presented by Nextiva, for games played from November 7 - November 13 and voted on by media who cover the league.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Charlisse Leger-Walker, Jr., G, Washington State (Waikato, New Zealand)
» 3 G, 25.0 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 5.3 APG, 2.0 SPG, .520 FG%, .400 3FG%
- Led the Pac-12 in scoring in the season's first week, averaging 25.0 points on 52 percent shooting in three Washington State wins to go with 4.7 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
- Scored her 1,000th career point in Sunday's 89-61 win over Prairie View A&M as part of a 24-point effort in her 57th career game.
- Tied the program record for the fewest games needed to reach the 1,000-point milestone (Jeanne Eggart, 1978-82).
- Shot better than 42 percent from the floor in all three games, including a career-best 66.7 percent (8-of-12) against Prairie View A&M.
- Poured in a career-high 35 points in a 69-63 win at San Francisco on Friday, including 26 in the second half to erase a 15-point deficit and lead the Cougars to the fourth-largest comeback win in program history.
- Accounted for more than half of WSU's points against the Dons (50.7 percent).
- Opened the season with a 16-point, six-assist performance on 58.3 percent shooting (7-of-12) in a 93-41 victory over Loyola Marymount on Monday.
- Second career Pac-12 Player of the Week award (Dec. 13, 2021) and Washington State's 21st all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jayda Curry, CAL; Kiki Iriafen, STAN; Esmery Martinez, ARIZ; Quay Miller, COLO; Jelena Mitrovic, OSU; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Alissa Pili, UTAH; Jaddan Simmons, ASU; Kadi Sissoko, USC; Haley Van Dyke, WASH; Grace VanSlooten, ORE.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Grace VanSlooten, Fr., F, Oregon (Toledo, Ohio)
» 2 G, 18.0 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 2.5 APG, 2.0 BPG, .556 FG%
- Helped Oregon to a 2-0 start for the eighth straight season with victories over Northwestern (100-57) and Seattle U (90-47).
- Leads all Pac-12 freshmen in scoring, averaging 18.0 points per game on 55.6 percent shooting.
- Put up 20 points in the Ducks' season-opening victory over Northwestern, the highest point total by a UO freshman since Dec. 13, 2020 (Te-Hina Paopao at Oregon State, 22 points).
- Led all scorers in both wins and added nine rebounds and three blocks while going 6-for-6 from the line in Saturday's victory over Seattle U.
- Oregon's record 30th Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award all-time.
ALSO NOMINATED: Raegan Beers, OSU; Trayanna Crisp, ASU; Kailyn Gilbert, ARIZ; Elle Ladine, WASH; Talana Lepolo, STAN; Kiki Rice, UCLA; Teya Sidberry, UTAH; Astera Tuhina, WSU; Jada Wynn, COLO.
2022-23 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 14||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU||Grace VanSlooten, ORE|