Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Aari McDonald, So., G, Arizona (Fresno, Calif.)
3 GP, 32.0 ppg, 30-54 FG (55.6%), 28-33 FT (84.80), 3.7 apg
• Averaged 32.0 points per game last week and enters the week as the NCAA’s leading scorer with 29.5 points per game this season.
• Led Arizona to two non-conference wins at the Bank of Hawai'i Classic, besting Seattle, 84-54, and Portland, 92-70.
• Tied the UA single-game scoring record with 39 points in the a narrow 66-64 loss to Loyola Marymount on Tuesday and then totaled 32 against Portland on Sunday.
• Averaged just under six rebounds (5.7) and four assists (3.7), while shooting 55.6 percent from the field and 84.8 percent from the line with 2.3 steals per game.
• Broke both Arizona’s made and attempted single-game free throw records going 20-for-23 from the line against Loyola Marymount.
• Collects first-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor marking Arizona’s first weekly honor since 2015 (Candice Warthen, Feb. 9) and the program’s 42nd all-time nod.
Also nominated: Kianna Ibis, ASU; Kristine Anigwe, CAL; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Ruthy Hebard, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Alanna Smith, STAN; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Aliyah Mazyck, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH; Borislava Hristova, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Dre'Una Edwards, Fr., F, Utah (Las Vegas, Nev.)
2 GP, 11.5 ppg, 8 rpg, 10-17 FG (58.8%)
• Averaged 11.5 points and 8.0 rebounds per game in Utah's two victories over Alabama, 72-62, and Long Beach State, 82-59, last week.
• Grabbed her second double-double of the season with 10 points and 10 rebounds against Alabama and tallied a personal-best three blocks in the game.
• One of 10 freshmen in the country to have at least two double doubles this season, reaching double figures in all three games, including 13 points against Long Beach State.
• Records back-to-back Pac-12 Freshman of the Week awards to open her rookie campaign for Utah’s seventh freshman honor all-time.
Also nominated: Cate Reese, ARIZ; Iris Mbulito, ASU; Peanut Tuitele, COLO; Jasmine Simmons, OSU; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Shalexxus Aaron, USC.
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 12||Kristine Anigwe, CAL||Dre’Una Edwards,UTAH|
|Nov. 19||Aari McDonald, ARIZ||Dre’Una Edwards,UTAH|