This Week in Pac-12 Football - Week Four
Nov 25, 2020
WHAT A WEEKEND TO WATCH: Following a few schedule changes for this weekend, the Pac-12 is set to have:
- ABC doubleheader on Saturday with COLORADO at #18 USC at 12:30p PT / 1:30p MT followed by UTAH at WASHINGTON at 4:30p PT / 5:30p MT.
- ESPN showcase with #15 Oregon at Oregon State at 4:30p PT.
- FOX with a pair of Pac-12 football matchups including The Big Game on Friday at 1:30p PT and ARIZONA at UCLA on Saturday at 5p PT / 6p MT.
MOOR TO THIS OFFENSE: The 3-0 Ducks enter rivalry week for the North division having gained 7.65 yards per play thus far, the sixth-highest mark among FBS teams.
- OREGON’s offense has produced 38.7 points per game, tied for 19th among FBS teams.
- Overall, the Ducks have produced 499.7 total yards per game, ranking 16th among FBS teams.
- On third downs, OREGON has converted at a 57.6% rate, the fourth-best mark among FBS teams.
- OREGON is one of three Power 5 programs averaging over 275 yards passing and 200 yards rushing this season (minimum two games played).
- The Ducks rank ninth in the country with 5.69 yards per rush and fourth with 152 rushing yards per game in the second half.
JOE MOORE AWARD: OREGON and UCLA have been named to the Joe Moore Award Midseason Honor Roll, honoring the Most Outstanding Offensive Line Unit in college football.
- The Joe Moore Award voting committee judges on six criteria that historically proven to distinguish winning O-line play: toughness, effort, teamwork, consistency, technique, and finishing.
FOR THE AXE: The Big Game is the sixth-most played FBS rivalry game. CALIFORNIA is STANFORD’s most common opponent, and STANFORD’s 64 wins over the Bears are its most against any opponent.
THE FIGHT IS ON: USC has started 3-0 for the second time in the last nine seasons, their first 3-0 start since 2017.
- The Trojans have started 3-0 in Pac-12 play for the first time since 2006 (eventual Rose Bowl champs that year).
RESTED OPPONENTS: When USC takes on Colorado this weekend, it will be the fourth-straight week the Trojans face an opponent that did not play the previous week.
- The Trojans have started 3-0 in Pac-12 play for the first time since 2006 (also eventual Rose Bowl champs that year).
- USC’s remaining schedule sees the Trojans in Los Angeles with two homes games and a “road trip” to face UCLA.
- The Trojans have won 14 of their last 15 home games vs. Pac-12 South opponents, and 19 of their last 22 home games against Pac-12 opponents overall.
PURPLE REIGN: WASHINGTON’s defense has been stout this season, allowing just 291.5 yards per game, including 172 pass yards per game, both of which rank sixth in FBS.
- The Huskies have also allowed just a 24 percent third-down conversion rate, the second-best clip in the nation.
HE DOES IT ALL: OREGON STATE’s Tristian Gebbia became the 11th Pac-12 player since 1996, and first since 2018, to have a pass TD, rush TD and receiving TD in the same game after accomplishing the feat against Cal last weekend.
SOMETHING’S A BRUIN: UCLA has rushed for at least 200 yards as a team in seven of the last 11 games, including the past two contests.
- The Bruins have allowed just 1.0 sack per game to rank 10th nationally in the category.
Related News & Videos
2 minutes ago