Pac-12 Announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week - Dec. 14, 2020
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Brynna Maxwell, So., G, UTAH (Harbor, Wash.)
2 GP, 22.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.5 spg, .467 3FG (7-15), .520 FG (13-25), 1.000 FT (12-12)
- Led the Utes to a 2-0 week including a road upset of No. 15 Oregon State in which she scored a career-high 34 points, shot 10-of-15 (.667) from the field and was a perfect 10-of-10 from the line.
- Her 34 points are the most scored by a Pac-12 player in a game this season and the seventh-most in Utah history.
- Dished out a career-high six assists and had four steals against Montana State.
- Also named the College Sports Madness National Player of the Week.
- This is Maxwell’s second career weekly honor after earning Freshman of the Week on Feb. 10 last season.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Mya Hollingshed, COLO; Taylor Mikesell, ORE; Francesca Belibi, STAN; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Haley Van Dyke, WASH; Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Charlisse Leger-Walker, Fr., G, WASHINGTON STATE (Waikato, New Zealand)
2 GP, 24.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 4.0 apg, 3.5 spg, .405 FG (17-42), .813 FT (13-16)
- Scored 20 points in her first collegiate game against Washington, which tied a Washington State record for most points in a Pac-12 debut.
- Added seven rebounds and four steals in the win against the Huskies.
- Scored 29 points in the win over Idaho, which is the fourth-most points scored ever by a Cougar freshman.
- Went 12-of-25 (.480) from the floor against the Vandals while also adding eight rebounds and five assists.
- This is the ninth Freshman of the Week honor for Washington State and first for Leger-Walker.
Also nominated: Jaddan Simmons, ASU; Frida Forman, COLO; Te-Hina Paopao, ORE; Cameron Bring, STAN; Emily Bessoir, UCLA; Kennady McQueen, UTAH;
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||Charisma Osborne, UCLA||Tameiya Sadler, WASH|
|Dec. 7||Haley Jones, STAN||Sasha Goforth, OSU|
|Dec. 14||Brynna Maxwell, UTAH||Charlisse Leger-Walker, WSU|