Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards - Sept. 18, 2023
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Marta Levinska, Sr., RS, Arizona State (Riga, Latvia)
» 4.67 KPS, .527 PCT, 5.5 PPS, 9 blocks, 3 aces
- Led the Sun Devils to three sweeps on the weekend in Memphis to help ASU end non-conference play with a 12-0 record, marking the third-best start in program history.
- Notched double-digit kills in all three matches, hitting .527 with only three attack errors all weekend.
- Hit a career-high .606 in the sweep over Southern Miss while her 21 kills were a season high.
- Recorded a season-high five blocks against Arkansas-Little Rock to go along with 11 kills.
- Named MVP of the Beale Street Classic.
- First career Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week award and third weekly award of her career (Freshman of the Week - Jan. 26, 2021, April 5, 2021).
- ASU's fifth offensive award and first since 2021 (Iman Isanovic - Oct. 25, 2021).
ALSO NOMINATED: Caitie Baird, STAN; Kierstyn Barton, WASH; Skylar Fields, USC; Lexi Hadrych, COLO; Morgan Lewis, ORE; Ava Mehrten, CAL; Iman Ndiaye, UCLA; Angentina Ung, WSU; Rianne Vos, UTAH; Jordan Wilson, ARIZ.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Magda Jehlárová, 5th, MB, Washington State (Prerov, Czech Republic)
» 2.13 BPS (17 total), 3.1 PPS, 15 kills, 1 ace
- Led No. 11 Washington State to a huge week on the road as the Cougars picked up Top-25 wins over No. 18 Baylor and defending national champion No. 7 Texas.
- Collected 17 total blocks across the two matches to go along with 15 kills on .314 hitting.
- In the 3-1 win at Baylor tallied 8 blocks then followed with 9 in the 3-1 win at Texas.
- Is the NCAA active career leader with 649 career blocks, which now ranks tied for fourth in Pac-12 history, needing two to move into No. 3 all-time.
- No. 21 in the NCAA and leads the Pac-12 this season with 1.40 blocks per set.
- Ninth career Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week award and 11th career weekly award overall (also earned Offensive - March 16, 2021 and Freshman - Nov. 4, 2019).
- Her 10 combined defensive and offensive weekly selections ties the Pac-12 record for most weekly honors all-time, matching former Washington standout Krista Vansant (2011-14).
- Washington State's 15th defensive selection and 44th weekly honor (not including freshman awards).
ALSO NOMINATED: Lauren Bays, WASH; Desiree Becker, UCLA; Skyy Howard, COLO; Alayna Johnson, ARIZ; Ava Mehrten, CAL; Elena Oglivie, STAN; Hannah Pukis, ORE; Vanessa Ramirez, UTAH; Mary Shroll, ASU; Gala Trubint, USC.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: London Wijay, Fr., OH, USC (Porter Ranch, Calif.)
» 3.14 KPS (22 total), .250 PCT, 2.57 DPS (18 total), 3.4 PPS, 1 SA, 2 blocks
- Helped the Trojans to a pair of Big 10 wins on the road, including a 3-1 victory over No. 17 Purdue.
- Was key in the win over the Boilermakers, recording first career double-double with 18 kills and 12 digs in the second start of her career.
- Averaged 4.50 kills per set on .250 hitting to go along with 4.9 points per set in the Purdue upset.
- Received serve 36 times and was 100 percent on passes without a single error.
- USC's 22nd freshman honor and first since Adonia Faumuina earned the honor on Nov. 28 last season.
ALSO NOMINATED: Kierstyn Barton, WASH; Lily Dwinell, COLO; Kamryn Gibadlo, UTAH; Maggie Li, CAL.
2023 PAC-12 WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL WEEKLY AWARDS