Stanford's Travis powers way to Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly award
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (2/26/18) - Reid Travis, Jr., F, Stanford
SAN FRANCISCO – STANFORD junior forward Reid Travis earns his first career Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week honor as voted upon by media who cover the league.
• The preseason Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year watch lister averaged a double-double of 26.5 points and 10.0 rebounds while shooting 60 percent from the floor (18-30) in leading the Cardinal to a sweep of the Washington schools to remain in contention for a share of the Pac-12 regular-season title and Pac-12 Tournament first-round bye. The home victories over Washington and Washington State marked the program's first four-game series sweep of the Washington schools in 10 seasons.
• Travis erupted for a career-high 33 points, including 23 in the first half, along with nine rebounds to lead Stanford to a 94-78 triumph over Washington on Thursday. He went 11-of-17 from both the field and foul line in his best scoring outing as a Cardinal.
• He then recorded his 10th double-double of the season with 20 points and 11 boards in an 86-84 win over WSU. His efforts during the week propelled him past the 1,300-point mark for his career and into the top 15 all-time in Stanford history.
• Travis is one of two Pac-12 players in the top 5 in the league in both scoring (19.3 ppg) and rebounding (7.9 rpg) and is also 10th in the Conference in field goal percentage (.528).
• Stanford (16-13, 10-6) will take its three-game win streak on the road to Arizona this week, starting with No. 19 Arizona on Thursday at 7 p.m. PT on FS1 before concluding the regular season at Arizona State on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. PT on Pac-12 Network.
ALSO NOMINATIED: Deandre Ayton, ARIZONA; Lucas Siewert, COLORADO; Elijah Brown, OREGON; Ethan Thompson, OREGON STATE; Chimezie Metu, USC; Jaylen Nowell, WASHINGTON; Drick Bernstine, WASHINGTON STATE.
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MORE FROM PAC-12 POST
TODAY | 4:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 12:00pm PTLive