Pac-12 Baseball Weekly Awards - April 6, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Jacob Melton, So., OF/IF, OREGON STATE (Medford, Ore.)
5 GP, .611 AVG, .632 OBP, 1.444 SLG, 8 RBI, 4 HR, 5 R, 11 H, 1 BB
- Went 11-for-18 with four multi-hit games to lead Oregon State to a 4-1 record.
- Spearheaded a 7-1 win over Portland on March 30 with his first collegiate home run.
- Hit three home runs in a 17-3 victory against Utah on April 2.
- Became the first Beaver with three home runs in a single game since 2001.
- One of 15 players nationally with a three-homer performance this season.
- Set career highs with four hits and seven RBI against the Utes on Friday, highlighted by home runs in back-to-back innings, including a seventh-inning grand slam.
- Also added a double, triple and stolen base across his career weekend.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Chandler Murphy, Fr., RHP, ARIZONA (Peoria, Ariz.)
1 GP, 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Earned his third win of the season after pitching five innings of no-hit relief against Arizona State on Thursday night.
- Entered the game in the fifth with the Wildcats trailing 5-4 and allowed just baserunner over five frames while Arizona scored six times in the seventh to take control.
- Set a career high with eight strikeouts, including six in a row across the fifth, sixth and seventh innings.
- Walked just one and finished his night with an efficient 77 pitches.
- First career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor.
Player of the Week: Nathan Manning, CAL; Aaron Zavala, ORE; Adam Crampton, STAN; Ben Ramirez, USC; Jayden Kiernan, UTAH; Will Simpson, WASH; Tristan Peterson, WSU.
Pitcher of the Week: Sean Sullivan, CAL; Cullen Kafka, ORE; Kevin Abel, OSU; Brendan Beck, STAN; Isaac Esqueda, USC; David Watson, UTAH; Logan Gerling, WASH; Zane Mills, WSU.
2021 Pac-12 Baseball Weekly Award Winners