Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards - Jan. 25, 2022
Gymnast and Freshman/Newcomer of the Week: Jade Carey, Fr., Oregon State (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- In the second meet of her college career, Carey broke the Oregon State all-around record that was set back in 1993 by Chari Knight with a 39.800 to guide the Beavers to a Pac-12 season-opening victory against UCLA.
- Claimed titles in all four events: vault (9.90), bars (9.95), beam (9.975) and floor (9.975).
- Anchored the Orange & Black as the Beavers posted their highest team score since the 2019 season with a 197.000.
- The Olympic gold medalist is first in the nation in the all-around, tied for first on bars, tied for fourth on balance beam, and shares eighth place on floor and ninth on vault.
Specialist of the Week: Jillian Hoffman, Jr., Utah (Murrieta, Calif.)
- Hoffman scored a career high on floor and matched a career high on vault to aid Utah in its 197.400-196.100 win over then-No.13 Arizona State.
- She scored a 9.975 on floor in her first floor routine of the season, which led her to her first career event victory.
- The meet-high 9.975 led Utah to a 49.675 floor score, which is the second best in the nation this year.
- Hoffman's score is also tied for the highest floor score of the year by a Ute.
- She also began the meet as the vault leadoff for Utah and tied a career-best 9.80.
- Hoffman has hit 4-4 routines this season and is ranked third in the nation on floor with her 9.975 last weekend.
Coaches Choice: Skylar Killough-Wilhelm, So., Washington (Des Moines, Iowa)
- Killough-Wilhelm posted big scores in every event of Washington's home-opening meet against California: vault (9.750), bars (9.900), beam (9.900), floor (9.850).
- Her all-around score of 39.400 earned her second place and she also took first on the beam.
- She anchored the Huskies, as only a sophomore, with a team improvement of 1.45 points in one week's time.
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards