Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - April 11, 2022
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Jazmine Hill, Jr., OF, Arizona State (Norwalk, Calif.)
» 3 G, .364 AVG, 4 H, 3 HR, 5 R, 7 RBI, 1 SB, 1.182 SLG
- Hit a grand slam against then-No. 14 Oregon on Sunday to help lead the Sun Devils to an 8-6 victory over the Ducks.
- Has already matched a career high with 10 home runs this season.
- In the series at Oregon, had seven RBI, three home runs among four hits, and five runs scored in 11 at-bats.
- Now alone in first place in the conference standings, ASU (9-0) has won 17 consecutive games.
ALSO NOMINATED: Allee Bunker, Oregon; Haley Denning, Utah; Taylor Gindlesperger, Stanford; Eliana Gottlieb, Oregon State; Sharlize Palacios, Arizona.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Alana Vawter, Jr., P, Stanford (Kansas City, Mo.)
» 2-1, 3 GS, 3 CG, 20.0 IP, 15 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 15 K, 0.70 ERA
- Went 2-1 last week in games against Santa Clara and then-No. 2 UCLA, allowing two earned runs in 20.0 IP with a pair of shutouts.
- Became the Pac-12 wins leader with 16 on the season following Sunday's 1-0 victory over the Bruins.
- Went the distance in all three games she started, including an eight-inning outing against UCLA on Friday.
- Sunday's win over the Bruins is the highest-ranked win of her career, and her third top-25 win of the season.
- Sunday's seven-inning shutout of UCLA made her the only pitcher to shut out the Bruins in a complete game this season.
- Has won five 1-0 games this season.
- Helped lead Stanford to a series victory over UCLA for the first time since 2013.
- Second Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor of the season (March 1).
ALSO NOMINATED: Mariah Mazon, Oregon State; Sydney Sandez, Utah; Marissa Schuld, Arizona State.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kiki Escobar, Fr., INF, Oregon State (Oxnard, Calif.)
» 3 G, .556 AVG, 5 H, 1 2B, 3 R, 2 RBI, 9 TB, 1.000 SLG
- Led the Beavers last weekend with five hits, including her first career home run, as Oregon State took the Arizona series for the first time since 2013.
- Got the offense started in the second game with a single up the middle before a Frankie Hammoude double to eventually win the game and clinch the series.
- Registered a .556 batting average and added a pair of RBI and a team-best three runs scored.
- Second consecutive Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor (April 4).
ALSO NOMINATED: Kendall Lundberg, Utah.