Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - March 14, 2022
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Briana Perez, Sr., INF, UCLA (Martinez, Calif.)
» 5 G, .833 AVG, 10 H, 3 HR, 15 RBI, 11 R, 5 SB, 2.000 SLG
- Went 10-for-12 in a perfect 5-0 weekend with 15 RBI, three homers, two triples and one double.
- Has now homered in three straight games.
- Five of Perez's six extra-base hits came with runners on.
- Tripled on Thursday against Penn to knock in a pair, doubled with the bases loaded against CSU Bakersfield on Friday to drive in three, hit a two-run homer against Fresno State on Saturday, and tied a career high with 5 RBI against CSU Bakersfield on Saturday via to a two-run home run and a three-RBI triple.
- Also stole five bases, including when she scored from second base on a bases-loaded walk on Friday against CSU Bakersfield, sneaking in behind Kinsley Washington (occupied third base) to steal home.
- Defensively, made two plays on the run at shortstop against Penn in the top of the second inning to keep the perfect game intact.
ALSO NOMINATED: Yannira Acuna, Arizona State; Baylee Klingler, Washington; Grace Messmer, Oregon State; Carlie Scupin, Arizona; Vallery Wong, Oregon.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Megan Faraimo, Jr., P/1B, UCLA (Oceanside, Calif.)
» 3 G, 1-0, 1 CG, 1 SV, 9.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 26 K, 0.00 ERA
- Joined in the 21st and third combined perfect game in UCLA history against Penn on Thursday, striking out eight of the nine batters she faced.
- Bested that performance the very next day by retiring all 15 CSU Bakersfield batters she faced on strikes to throw back-to-back perfectos and the third solo perfect game of her career, the second most in UCLA history behind Debbie Doom.
- Only needed 59 pitches (52 strikes) to achieve perfection against the Roadrunners, throwing just seven balls -- the first of which came to the third batter in the third inning — and allowing just seven foul balls.
- Opened the game with 30 consecutive strikes and averaged 3.96 pitches per batter.
- The Bruins have thrown their three perfect games this season (tying a record set in 1985 for most in a season) within eight days of each other.
- Finished the weekend striking out 26-of-27 batters faced.
- Second consecutive Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor.
ALSO NOMINATED: Hanah Bowen, Arizona; Sarah Haendiges, Oregon State; Makenna Kliethermes, Oregon; Mac Morgan, Arizona State; Gabbie Plain, Washington.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kinsey Fiedler, Fr., INF., Washington (Lee's Summit, Mo.)
» 4 G, .500 AVG, 5 H, 3 HR, 5 R, 6 RBI, 4 BB, 1.600 SLG
- Currently on a career-long five-game hit streak.
- Hit three home runs in four games after not homering since the season's opening weekend.
- Recorded her first career triple against Northern Colorado on Saturday.
- Her three RBI Saturday against Northern Colorado were a season high.
ALSO NOMINATED: Kaylah Nelson, Oregon State; Savannah Pola, UCLA; Cydney Sanders, Arizona State; Paige Sinicki, Oregon, Amber Toven, Arizona.