Lindsay, Thomas, Gonzalez earn weekly Conference honors
Offensive: Phillip Lindsay, Jr., TB, Colorado
• In Colorado’s 40-16 win over No. 24 (USA Today/Coaches) Arizona State, Lindsay rushed 26 times for 219 yards and 3 touchdowns (8.4 per carry; along with 4-20 receiving).
• Against the nation’s No. 5 rushing defense, the junior tailback had his third 100-yard career rushing game and his first 200-yard game (he did not lose any yards, and has 618 gross yards and 614 net on the season), and it was the sixth-highest game in CU history with no yards lost rushing.
• He is the first CU player to rush for over 200 yards since Chris Brown had 211 at Missouri in a 42-35 OT win on Nov. 9, 2002, and the first Buff to do it in Boulder since Marlon Barnes had 237 in a 37-8 win over Iowa State on Nov. 14, 1998.
• It was the first 200-yard game against Arizona State since Washington State’s Jerome Harrison had 240 in 2005.
Defensive: Solomon Thomas, Jr., DT/DE, Stanford
• Solomon Thomas had a career and game-high 12 tackles (10 solo) and 1.5 sacks, and one forced fumble in Stanford’s 17-10 victory over Notre Dame.
• On the final play of game, Thomas forced a fumble at the Notre Dame 14-yard line to clinch Stanford's win.
• Key to a Cardinal defense that shut out Notre Dame in the second half to help the Cardinal overcome a 10-point road deficit.
Special Teams: Zane Gonzalez, Sr., PK, Arizona State
• Gonzalez set two FBS records with his 59-yarder in the fourth quarter. He now holds the FBS record for most career points by a kicker with 468, breaking FSU’s Dustin Hopkins’ previous record of 466. He also tied the FBS record for most 50+ yard field goals in a game with three (tied with five other players).
• With that same kick Gonzalez set the Sun Devil record for longest field goal at 59 yards (the previous best was 55 yards) and now owns four of the eight longest field goals in ASU history.
• The senior now has six kicks over 50 yards this season. Entering the weekend, only two other FBS players had more than one (2). The FBS record for most 50+ field goals in a season is 8 (Fuad Reveiz, Tennesee, 1982).
• Joins California PK Doug Brien (1991) as the only four-time winner of the Special Teams weekly honor in one season.
• Has now scored a point in all 46 games he has played as a Sun Devil and set the new ASU record, breaking his tie with Luis Zendejas.
Offensive: Bryce Love, STAN; Darren Andrews, UCLA; Sam Darnold, USC; Joe Williams, UTAH
Defensive: Jimmie Gilbert, COLO; Bright Ugwoegbu, OSU; Jayon Brown, UCLA; Chris Hawkins, USC; Chase Hansen, UTAH; Hercules Mata'afa, WSU
Special Teams: Matt Boermeester, USC
2016 PAC-12 FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Oct. 17||Phillip Lindsay, COLO||Solomon Thomas, STAN||Zane Gonzalez, ASU|
|Oct. 10||Jake Browning, WASH||Marcus Ball, ASU||Zane Gonzalez, ASU|
|Oct. 3||Davis Webb, CAL||Psalm Wooching, WASH||Davis Price, COLO|
|Sept. 26||Steven Montez, COLO||Solomon Thomas, STAN||Zane Gonzalez, ASU|
|Sept. 19||Chad Hansen, CAL||Treston Decoud, OSU||Zane Gonzalez, ASU|
|Sept. 12||Kalen Ballage, ASU||Sunia Tauteoli, UTAH||Adoree' Jackson, USC|
|Sept. 5||Sefo Liufau, COLO||Troy Dye, ORE||Mitch Wishnowsky, UTAH|
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
Fri 5/26 | 10:30am PTLive
Fri 5/26 | 4:00pm PTLive