Pac-12 announces Women's Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Marie Gulich, SR, C, Oregon State (Cologne, Germany)
2 GP, 28.0 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 26-30 (.867), 4-4 FT (.500), 3 ast, 2 blk, 1 stl
• Scored a career-high 36 points in a 64-60 win at Arizona State, including 30 second-half points to lead the Beavers overcome a double-digit halftime deficit.
• 16-for-18 from the floor, as shooting a blistering 86.7 percent over the weekend.
• Started the week by going 10-for-12 from the floor to put up 20 points and 12 rebounds in a win at Arizona (65-40).
• Has posted 20-point outing the last four games.
• Second-career and second-straight weekly honor for Gulich, and 41st all-time for Oregon State.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kianna Smith, FR, G, California (Moreno Valley, Calif.)
2 GP, 12.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 10-21 (.476), 4-10 FT (.400), 14 ast
• Averaged 12 points and seven assists per game while helping Cal to the weekend road sweep of Washington State (67-54) and Washington (83-67).
• Dished out six assists in the win at WSU and followed up with 16 points, eight assists, and just one turnover in 37 minutes of action at UW.
• Tied a career high with four made threes against the Huskies, going 4-8 from beyond the arc and finishing one shy of a career-best 16 points.
• Third weekly honor for Smith and 15th all-time for California.
Player of the Week: Sam Thomas, ARIZ: Kristine Anigwe, CAL; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Brittany McPhee, STAN; Jordin Canada, UCLA; Kristen Simon, USC; Emily Potter, UTAH; Ambr Melgoza, WASH.
Freshman of the Week: Sam Thomas, ARIZ; Satou Sbally, ORE; Aleah Goodman, OSU.
MORE FROM PAC-12 POST
Thu 1/23 | 5:00pm PTLive
Thu 1/23 | 7:00pm PTLive