Williams, Peng-Peng Lee and Leonard-Baker Earn Pac-12 Gymnastics Weekly Awards
GYMNAST OF THE WEEK: Toni-Ann WIlliams, RS SR, California (Randallstown, Md.)
• Led the then No. 21 Bears to a program-record 197.500 performance on Sunday to upset No. 4 Utah, who went 197.450. The win marked California's first regular-season victory over the perennial powerhouse in the history of the program.
• Swept every event title in the meet, including the all-around with a program-record 39.700.
• Matched her season-best on floor with a 9.975 despite not having trained in the event in practice for more than two weeks due to injury.
• Also tallied season-bests on bars (9.925), beam (9.900) and in the all-around (39.700).
• Currently tied for third place in the nation on floor exercise, posting an average of 9.896.
• Claimed her first Pac-12 weekly honor of the season, the first Gymnast of the Week award for Cal this year.
SPECIALIST OF THE WEEK: Christine Peng-Peng Lee, RS SR, UCLA (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
• Earned her eighth Pac-12 Specialist of the Week award of her career, tying the all-time record for weekly gymnastics specialist awards alongside Vanessa Zamarripa (UCLA) and Georgia Dabritz (Utah). This also marks the eighth week in a row UCLA has earned the specialist title, the most wins by any program in one season ever.
• Helped No. 3 ranked UCLA post a season-high team score of 198.075 to defeat No. 8 Oregon State, which tallied 196.525.
• Scored a 9.975 on beam, tying for first in the event with teammate Katelyn Ohashi, and 9.875 on bars to tie for third place.
• Ranked No. 2 in the country on beam, an event in which she’s earned two perfect 10.0 scores this season.
FRESHMAN / NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK: Cairo Leonard-Baker, FR, Arizona State (Oakland, Calif.)
• Helped then No. 17 Arizona State capture the Territorial Cup against in-state rival Arizona (196.725-195.025) last Saturday at Wells Fargo Arena.
• Won the all-around title by recording a 39.475, and claimed first-place finishes on bars and floor, posting career-high scores of 9.875 and 9.950, respectively.
• Also matched her career-best with a 9.850 on vault, which tied for second place in the event.
• Her 9.875 on floor helped the Gym Devils cap the meet with a season-best 49.400 team score in the event.
• Tied for the No. 10 spot in the nation on uneven bars with an average of 9.893.
Gymnast of the Week: Cairo Leonard-Baker, ASU; McKenna Singley, OSU; Elizabeth Price, STAN; Kyla Ross, UCLA; Missy Reinstadtler, UTAH; Hailey Burleson, WASH.
Specialist of the Week: Justine Callis, ASU; Nina Schank, CAL; Destinee Davis, OSU; Kaylee Cole, STAN; Joslyn Goings, WASH.
Freshman / Newcomer of the Week: Kyana George, CAL; Kaitlyn Yanish, OSU; Taylor Lawson, STAN; Nia Dennis, UCLA; Alexia Burch, UTAH.
2018 PAC-12 GYMNASTICS WEEKLY HONORS
Gymnast of the Week
Specialist of the Week
Freshman / Newcomer of the Week
|Feb. 27||Toni-Ann Williams, CAL||Christine Peng-Peng Lee, UCLA||Cairo Leonard-Baker, ASU|
Now on Pac-12 Network
TODAY | 7:30pm PTLive