Pac-12 Announces Women’s Lacrosse Weekly Honors
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Darby Kiernan, SR, A, Colorado (Ridgewood, N.J.)
1 GP, 6 goals, 3 assists, 9 points, 8 shots, .750 sh%
• Recorded nine points (six goals and three assists) to help the Buffs defeat Oregon (19-9) and clinch the regular-season Pac-12 title and No. 1 seed at the upcoming inaugural Pac-12 Women’s Lacrosse Tournament.
• The six goals is tied for the third most in a single game in CU history and the nine points is tied for the second most in CU single game history.
• In addition to the nine points, also recorded five draw controls and one ground ball.
• Fifth of the season and third-straight for Kiernan. Sixth offensive honor and third-straight for Colorado.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Julia Massaro, JR, D, Stanford (Purchase, N.Y.)
1 GP, 4 GB, 11 DC, 3 CT
• Broke two school records in a 17-7 win over rival California. She set the Stanford single-game record with 11 draw controls and also surpassed the single-season record for draw controls.
• Is just the second Cardinal with double-digit draw controls in a game, passing Kelly Myers' previous record of 10 from March 8, 2015.
• Needed just two draw controls to surpass Lucy Dikeou's 64 draw controls from 2015, becoming the first Cardinal to surpass 70 in a season with 74.
• Also led the team on Friday with a season-high four ground balls and three caused turnovers.
• Second defensive weekly honor for Massaro and fourth all-time for Stanford.
Offensive Player of the Week: Kelsey Murray, STAN; Kerrigan Miller, USC.
Defensive Player of the Week: Kelsie Garrison, COLO; Lydia Sutton, USC.
TODAY | 2:00pm PTLive
Wed 2/20 | 7:00pm PTLive